Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
jstiver09

Re: Blackout Experience, and a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorCatholic View Post
It's cool to disagree, even strongly, but try to avoid the name calling and personal stuff otherwise this thread just turns into yet another Spearboard drama thread.
I agree. My apologies. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to slander, especially about a company that is doing a good job of educating people about our sport that has gotten such a bad name in the last 20 years. You are hard pressed to find a pool/spring to train in if you mention the word "freediving".
jstiver09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #32
kehloken

Ted has been a member a long time, sorry you need to ketch way up on who's who, most everyone here knows on these threads.

Lino they video you for you to see, do they give you a copy, I would like to see the blackout.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #33
jstiver09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehloken View Post
Ted has been a member a long time, sorry you need to ketch way up on who's who
Sorry, I am not following you...maybe it's a language barrier I said PM (personal message) Ted to ask him about it...hopefully you can help me catch up on my who's who??
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #34
kehloken

All this has been discussed in detail last year, go look it up. Your bringing up old news.

There are plenty of blackout vids.

I would like to see linos blackout and how it was delt with.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #35
jstiver09

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php...ighlight=Harty

Ted is "ImmersionFD" on here...
Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
hogphish

May I suggest that people participating on this thread look up a few of "kehloken"'s earlier posts and I think you will better be able to ignore his comments.
hogphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #37
kehloken

You can't ignore black outs in a free dive class, and you as a ER doc and safety supervisor for free diving actually need to learn instead of ignore.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #38
SeaHunter3

If it were not for this class within the next few years I would have had a blackout and I probably wouldnt have had a buddy there who knew how to handle one. Now I feel confident I can explain to my buddy what the surface protocol is how too handle LMC or a SWB on a basic level and this course might just save my life and my friends lives when were out there. I want to make it clear I ABSOLUTLEY will not be trying to explain to my friends what packing, purging or any breathing techniques are, I will simply show them what the head sandwich hold, where to place your hand in the case of an LMC. I wont be able too teach them the entire idea but showing someone how to do it on a basic level doesnt harm anyone, and I wont be diving deeper because I have a friend who I think is my equal because I gave them a 15 minute lesson on how to hold ones head correctly so they dont inhale water.

Now, I did a PB of 83" today and this was the last session, the entire class was roughly 36 hours and will not even touch 1/2 of that until I have a buddy who can also touch that deep with me who has also taken the course, and why would I? Line diving is something I would do with a trained buddy and when Im spearfishing I dont need to go much more than 30" where I go, so anyone concerned about my saftey and the class pushing me too hard you can rest your mind. The only person who is to blame for the BO is myself, the instructor gave us a time LIMIT on our static hold and told us not to go above 4 minutes on that particular hold and too stop if you couldnt make it, is was a no pressure enviroment. I made the personal decision to hold to that point not knowing entirely the signs of hypoxia, the tingling in the fingers etc. Now I know, and I wont have to worry about not knowing when to stop. I can not speak higher of this class, it taught me everything I need to know to safley go to depths I previously could, but wouldnt.

I want to thank everyone expressing their concern, its nice to know people are looking out for the safey of the community.
SeaHunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:57 PM   #39
kehloken

Great lino now you and your buddy go get some cabezon, I just went and got one for dinner just now.

have a great summer.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #40
grouperdude
hard core snorkeler

I dont read most of the garbage on here. Regarding you blacking out in the class. That's the perfect time to do it! under the supervision of professionals. It allowed you to feel what leeds up to the black out. Don't let it freak you out or be afraid of it, respect your limits and enjoy the sport. Your getting more out of the class than anyone else.

A friend of mine nearly died from blacking out. He spent the weekend in the hospital, we were your age, never took a class. He hasnt got back in the water since.

WAR DAM EAGLE

http://www.youtube.com/user/grouperdude
grouperdude is offline   Reply With Quote