Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing

Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing Post here to discuss regional action or issues about spearing on Florida's Gulfcoast.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
chuckschultz15

Moving to Gainesville area

Hi, I am going to be moving to Gainesville in one year and want to do some serious spearfishing on the weekends. I have all the gear for free dive spearfishing (have done it in Hawaii, and Cabo) and read the PADI free diver manual several times. I am also going to take the FII course. I will likely live in Gainesville for 1-2 years. I am interested in owning a boat while I am there that can get me to some excellent spearing without breaking the bank. I was thinking somewhere in the range of 20 ft. or so. Would a walk around or center console be more practical? Also, how far out do you need to get for decent opportunities on the gulf side vs. Atlantic?

My other thought was to just find a good group of guys who are down there more permanently and try to split gas/expenses with them instead of owning the boat myself......but something about having my own boat just seems nice......

Thanks
chuckschultz15 is offline   Reply With Quote