Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > International Section > Other International

Other International Here is an area for shooters from Europe, Asia, Africa, and all points in between.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
mattymatt

Information Needed about St. Lucia

I have to go to a wedding on St. Lucia in April and have heard conflicting reviews and reports about it. Has anyone ever dove/speared there? What about bonefish on a flyrod? Any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
RLdiver

Re: Information Needed about St. Lucia

I went to St. Lucia back in January, 2010....100ft visibility and about 80 degree water. From everything I read spearfishing is illegal for non-nationals, however, a guy working the water sport rental at Jaluosie Beach said he'd take my friend and I out... we didn't accept. So I'm not sure the legalities.

Just a heads up and I'll keep it short... St. Lucia is a real beautiful sh*thole. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The four of us seriously feared for our safety outside the resorts. Don't let your women go out on the town unless you've been there and seen how it is.

Hope you have fun.

Riley
RLdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
jaysun40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLdiver View Post
I went to St. Lucia back in January, 2010....100ft visibility and about 80 degree water. From everything I read spearfishing is illegal for non-nationals, however, a guy working the water sport rental at Jaluosie Beach said he'd take my friend and I out... we didn't accept. So I'm not sure the legalities.

Just a heads up and I'll keep it short... St. Lucia is a real beautiful sh*thole. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The four of us seriously feared for our safety outside the resorts. Don't let your women go out on the town unless you've been there and seen how it is.

Hope you have fun.

Riley
I completely agree. I stayed at Sandals Regency "La Toc" with a huge wedding party and we had a great time, but the city was sketch. They have guards at the resort entrance for a reason. I did scuba dive with a charter out of the resort and the reefs were beautiful. Did a wall dive, which was cool. I just hate dive charters with inexperienced divers who have more certifications than me...lol
jaysun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #4
fjohnson

I called the St. Lucia fisheries division of government today.. Spearfishing No longer allowed except for locals for sustenance and income. St. Lucia Customs will take spearfishing equipment on entry and return it on check out. Just trying to make it clear for others who are wondering.
fjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:38 AM   #5
Louisuga

Im headed there to sail around St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines Nov 2017 and was also wondering about the rules in those areas. I have found this link on the government's website, so maybe things have changed in the past 6 years. It doesnt seem so say anything about locals v. non locals. What do you guys think?

http://www.govt.lc/services/apply-fo...ear-gun-permit

Louis
Louisuga is offline   Reply With Quote