Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 10-01-2017, 05:14 PM   #331
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz
Re: Pathos 125 Sniper....A new Gun...a whole new build...pics heavy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver278 View Post
Thanks I know all the factory measurements I want to know how they determine the length of the band. In case I want to make it longer or shorter.
because they did some testings , then they did determine the appropriate lenght for each guns ,and then the ratio ! if you want to know the ratio ..measure yr actual rubber and calculate yr self , i have it but as i am not fair i do not give the ratio !
Anyhow the ratio is never the same if you do not have the same rubber in yr hand ..because from same factory there are no rubbers being exactly the same unless you have same from a 100 feet roll lenght
z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #332
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1taz View Post
in centimeters ( cms ) booster lenght for a sniper-R 115 roller is factory :
69,5 cms
roller rubber lenght is : 141 cms
shaft factory setting is 150 cms x 7 mm

rubber lenghts are short enough in the red over black original latex rubbers from "Pathos"

you will get better aiming with a 160 cms x 7 mm shaft such as a Hunt 17.4 PH

in case you want more power then ask Madj SpearQ8 how to ! ha ha!

I see the habit of ending advice with an insult continues. But now famous Marc is "smart" enough to have left out the bad language for the time being. Perhaps the moderators did get in touch with him after all? So, if that is true then which part of that possible message didn't get through? I don't think that they would have said: "keep going on the insults just go easy on the nasty language".

(Yes, there's a reason I talk of him in the third person. Speaking directly has been proven to not work.)
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #333
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

[quote=Diving Gecko;2153246]I see the habit of ending advice with an insult continues. But now famous Marc is "smart" enough to have left out the bad language for the time being. Perhaps the moderators did get in touch with him after all? So, if that is true then which part of that possible message didn't get through? I don't think that they would have said: "keep going on the insults just go easy on the nasty language".

(Yes, there's a reason I talk of him in the third person. Speaking directly has been proven to not work.)[/QUOTE

In third person....whomever there is a person attempting to perform duties as a moderator, administrator, board owner of this site, these people/person's don't give a rat's ass about the general population of Spearboard. This trolling person is making a mockery of Spearboard!

Ok back to the task at hand....

Diver278....you measure band length same as with a normal gun.

Measure from your tie off point on the bottom of the gun, around the roller to the top until you reach the shark fin where you load your band.

Double that length

Subtract the length of your top wishbone

Subtract the length of you bottom tie-off wishbone.

Divide by whatever the percentage you would like

i.e. divide by 3 = 300%

typical percentage is 350 so divide by 3.5 to get the length of bands you need to cut

Good measurement start is 350%. If you find that too long, you can trim back to get a little more power.

Hope that helps....if anybody else know different please chime in and help this guy out.

Woody
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:16 PM   #334
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
I see the habit of ending advice with an insult continues. But now famous Marc is "smart" enough to have left out the bad language for the time being. Perhaps the moderators did get in touch with him after all? So, if that is true then which part of that possible message didn't get through? I don't think that they would have said: "keep going on the insults just go easy on the nasty language".

(Yes, there's a reason I talk of him in the third person. Speaking directly has been proven to not work.)
yes do not need to speak to me as i do not care from you what ever you would say , and no Moderator did contact me ...sorry you "trou du cul "
Old 10-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #335
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

[quote=2fishin2;2153253]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post

(Yes, there's a reason I talk of him in the third person. Speaking directly has been proven to not work.)[/QUOTE

In third person....whomever there is a person attempting to perform duties as a moderator, administrator, board owner of this site, these people/person's don't give a rat's ass about the general population of Spearboard. This trolling person is making a mockery of Spearboard!

Ok back to the task at hand....

Diver278....you measure band length same as with a normal gun.

Measure from your tie off point on the bottom of the gun, around the roller to the top until you reach the shark fin where you load your band.

Double that length

Subtract the length of your top wishbone

Subtract the length of you bottom tie-off wishbone.

Divide by whatever the percentage you would like

i.e. divide by 3 = 300%

typical percentage is 350 so divide by 3.5 to get the length of bands you need to cut

Good measurement start is 350%. If you find that too long, you can trim back to get a little more power.

Hope that helps....if anybody else know different please chime in and help this guy out.

Woody
and add the U turn around the muzzle and the loader ! (if you decrease from the wishbone lenght ) if you do not decrease then is faster = donot need to decrease and to add !

what ever the exact lenght need to be considered and calculate on a rubber that would be exactly the same than the one you measure ... some are 15,5 mm some are 15, 8 mm some are 16,0 mm some are 16,4 mm some are even 16,8 mm and lenghts must be adjust accordingly to the exact diameter and quality from the rubber you ll use, if not then you ll have an approximate setting .
Old 10-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #336
AJP
Reluctant User

AJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #337
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP View Post
yes and ? do i care from yr appreciation ? ha ha ha !
Old 10-02-2017, 10:29 PM   #338
Diver278

Ok thanks guys got it now.
Diver278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 02:12 AM   #339
spearq8

I don't think the roller on the Sniper helps. The Sniper 115 has almost identical band stretch to a Pathos 120. I tested a Pathos 85 with roller, and I did manage to get the roller to shoot accurate and flat ... but I had to drop the power significantly. If I added more power the gun would shoot low and lose power quickly. My guess is that as you gain band stretch, the advantage of a roller diminish. So if you can't get more controllable power out of the roller on an 85, I would think the 115 would do better without the roller.

You can see the 85 roller test here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNw4PLqPfI

For the Pathos 120 the nicest setup I got was using 14.5nmm small ID bands with a 7.5mm @ 155cm shaft. My guess for the 115 Sniper that would also be a good setup.

@zz actually a semi coherent post with some good information and without primitive profanities . There might still be some hope for you! Why did you have to spoil things with another stupid profanity? Try to make your posts useful rather than just polluting the thread.
spearq8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 01:07 PM   #340
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearq8 View Post
I don't think the roller on the Sniper helps. The Sniper 115 has almost identical band stretch to a Pathos 120. I tested a Pathos 85 with roller, and I did manage to get the roller to shoot accurate and flat ... but I had to drop the power significantly. If I added more power the gun would shoot low and lose power quickly. My guess is that as you gain band stretch, the advantage of a roller diminish. So if you can't get more controllable power out of the roller on an 85, I would think the 115 would do better without the roller.

You can see the 85 roller test here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBNw4PLqPfI

For the Pathos 120 the nicest setup I got was using 14.5nmm small ID bands with a 7.5mm @ 155cm shaft. My guess for the 115 Sniper that would also be a good setup.

@zz actually a semi coherent post with some good information and without primitive profanities . There might still be some hope for you! Why did you have to spoil things with another stupid profanity? Try to make your posts useful rather than just polluting the thread.
Madj why " primitive profanities " ?
because when i am reading stupidityS you are writing ( for the most writing you are doing ) i am not able not to write " primitive profanities "!
this way i think you ll be able to understand ; this due to yr ingieniere high level studies .

yr videos showing or pointing so obvious things ! such as it took you " 3 days to find the Pathos shaft facets where the cause from inaccuracy !! ha ha funny ! ( i wonder why i do not use or sell those shafts myself ?? even being the Pathos importer in my country ? )

video from ? few years ago when pathos rollers were not even out from factory !

https://vimeo.com/109061941

enjoy ( i did not lose time and this was the 1 st ever shot with this gun haha !) No BLA BLA ! no ingeniering solutions ! no stupid conclusions !

then after this video, i disassembled the roller muzzle from the gun , because i did not want to sell to clients prefering to wait for the Pathos Sniper-R roller being released .

you some how are a funny person Madj! you are a good laughing source for me and few other persons ..and all people who are your fans ha ha are even more stupids than you , but this is normal , as majority here they does not even know how to spear ( correctly ) !
Old 11-21-2017, 02:22 AM   #341
verticalflight

KWTony, is it possible for you to fix the images on this thread? Thanks bro!
verticalflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 AM   #342
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalflight View Post
KWTony, is it possible for you to fix the images on this thread? Thanks bro!
Try to PM him instead - he hasn't been here for a long time but possibly he gets a more direct email notification to PMs...

PhotoBucket took a dump on a ton of us and want users who post to third party websites, like these, to pay a USD 500 feee...! There must be 1000s of threads out there with photos gone missing. I changed to Imgur.com as a result and hope they wont pull the same stunt.
SB should consider making their image hosting less archaic. But then again, that would cost them time and possibly a bit of money which they in all likelihood wont spend.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 12:37 PM   #343
verticalflight

Thanks Diving Gecko, will do
Appreciate the reply
verticalflight is offline   Reply With Quote