Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 03-20-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Biggamehunter4

Next Mid Atlantic Longfin meeting?

Does anyone know when the next Mid Atlantic Long fins meeting is? Tried emailing but did not get a response yet. Thanks for any info.
Biggamehunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
VBSpearo

Re: Next Mid Atlantic Longfin meeting?

I don't know about the MALFC, but I know there are some people interested just like you. In Virginia Beach there are some spearos trying to put something together soon. Not sure where you are, but keep an eye on this regional board.
VBSpearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #3
Biggamehunter4

Yes I have emailed several times and called and texted and have yet to receive any type of reply. Not sure if they are even still around.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
Likedive808

Hello, I was browsing posts again trying to see what the scoop was for diving this summer. Anyone hear anything about club meetings in the VB area?

Thanks.
Likedive808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:24 PM   #5
bleu
Official Sponsor

If you guys find anything out or get it going again let me know. I would love to help out or sponsor any way I can.
bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #6
Hosang

It used to be run out of Chesapeake Bay Dive, on Laskin Rd. but the 2 guys that started it are not diving any longer. I have kept up with Malena Starkey, who owns it, and we have been doing pool time Friday evenings at 6:00 when folks are around. I set up spearing crews all the time, and we are in the bay often when the water warms up. Anyone wants additional info, give me a ring. Mike Hosang 757-478-6122. Sam, thanks for the sponsorship offer. : )
We are heading out of Hatteras this weekend for some bluewater and wreck dives.
Hosang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
VBSpearo

In an effort to get the local (Virginia Beach and nearby areas) spearo communities to connect, share stories, skills and (maybe) fishing spots, our company, Affinity Surf & Spear, is hosting our first annual spearfishing tournament in Virginia Beach on August 5, 2017. As this is our first venture into the tournament world and the real focus here is to bring together spearos, we are keeping things simple, freedivers only and inshore species only. It will be a bragging rights type winner's circle. We want to test the waters (pun intended), and, if there is a lot of interest, we will expand things next year. For now, entrants go out, shoot stuff, weigh it, maybe win a trophy, but, more important, is that we meet others that enjoy a lifestyle we love and learn more about our spearo community. A major focus is on safety and therefore, entrants will compete in teams of 2. Registration details can be found at www.affinityspear.fish. There are still a few details for us to lock down, but weigh-in will probably take place in/around Lynnhaven Inlet. We hope this tournament will foster a strong connection between the spearos in and around Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and North Carolina and that this leads to a club that helps us all develop our skills and safety protocol.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:32 PM   #8
Hosang

Well I'm in 100%
This sounds fantastic!
I have a whole crew of Spearos thatbwould be interested.
Hosang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:27 AM   #9
Mahi Maniac

MALFC to my knowledge isn't still meeting. Helped me connect with a lot of other divers though. I'd be interested in another club in the VA beach/OBX area getting started again. Besides, tournaments are always fun.

I'd recommend doing teams but not teams of two for the tournament though. The only tournament I've done that did teams of two/three was all kayak diving. Teams of two, especially around VA beach means you'll have divers on the same boat competing against each other. And for those without a boat...well the 4th Island is a long swim.
Mahi Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:35 PM   #10
Biggamehunter4

Thanks for the tournament info. Also have a handful of guys that will definitely be interested. Keep us updated.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:11 PM   #11
VBSpearo

Mahi Maniac - Thank you for the interest in the tourney and your suggestions. We are going to keep with what we have put out on our website with regards to the tournament setup. For our first year, we're trying to keep things small and simple to make things easy on ourselves and try to put out the best event we can while learning how to make it better as we move forward. At the end of this year's event, we will certainly welcome feedback in hopes of making things better at future events. For now, we want all the divers to be safe, have fun, and get together to hang out and have a beverage or two. I hope you and any other spearos you hunt with can make it to the tournament. Even if you don't compete, stop by the weigh-in and hang out.