Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #121
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Re: Men are more intelligent than women, claims new study

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhed
You really know a LADY that goes by ((wreckwench)) because I know a lady that goes by ((seacuntress)) here in daytona

Andy, no woman is going to bring home the bacon, and cook for you and iron your shirts!!!!!!! You're waiting for the "perfect" woman, like I'm waiting for the "perfect" man.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #122
aaron proffitt
He kills just for fun....

Send a message via Yahoo to aaron proffitt

You're waiting for the "perfect" woman, like I'm waiting for the "perfect" man

As if you've never heard it said before; ain't no such thing as perfect, only perfect for you. Cliche` to be sure, but it still rings true.
In this day in age when both members of the merger have professions,their is no room for gender specific tasks. It just isn't good teamwork. Ain't nothing for me to be drinking beer and cooking dinner while my wife is hanging drywall. Or for me to be folding clothes,drinking beer, while my wife is putting in the groundwork for a new patio.
If your masculinity feels threatened doing housework, just add beer. It makes it feel more like a party and less like you ought to be wearing an apron.Besides, ever see June Cleaver knock back a cold one while vacuming ? DAMN RIGHT !!

Jose Rivera ...RIP
aaron proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #123
Bill McIntyre

I just received this from a friend. I haven't read this thread, but I'm hoping it will be appropriate.

GOD'S TALK WITH EVE

"Lord, I have a problem."

"What's the problem, Eve?"

"I know that you created me and provided this beautiful garden and all of these wonderful animals, as well as that hilarious comedic snake, but I am just not happy."

"And why is that Eve?"

"Lord, I am lonely, and I'm sick to death of apples."

"Well, Eve, in that case, I have a solution. I shall create a man for you."

"Man? What is that Lord?"

"A flawed creature, with many bad traits. He'll lie, cheat and be vain; all in all, he'll give you a hard time. But he'll be bigger, faster and will like to hunt and kill things. I'll create him in such a way that he will satisfy your physical needs. He will be witless and will revel in childish things like fighting and kicking a ball about. He won't be as smart as you, so he will also need your advice to think properly."

"Sounds great," says Eve, with suspiciously raised eyebrows, "but what's the catch Lord?'

"Well…you can have him on one condition."

"And what's that Lord?"

"As I said, he'll be proud, arrogant and self-admiring…so you'll have to let him believe that I made him first…and it will have to be our little secret…you know, woman to woman.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 02:48 PM   #124
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron proffitt
You're waiting for the "perfect" woman, like I'm waiting for the "perfect" man

As if you've never heard it said before; ain't no such thing as perfect, only perfect for you. Cliche` to be sure, but it still rings true.
In this day in age when both members of the merger have professions,their is no room for gender specific tasks. It just isn't good teamwork. Ain't nothing for me to be drinking beer and cooking dinner while my wife is hanging drywall. Or for me to be folding clothes,drinking beer, while my wife is putting in the groundwork for a new patio.
If your masculinity feels threatened doing housework, just add beer. It makes it feel more like a party and less like you ought to be wearing an apron.Besides, ever see June Cleaver knock back a cold one while vacuming ? DAMN RIGHT !!

I love it!!! Well said. But women are still expected to bring home the bacon fry it up in a pan, and never let you forget your a man. And clean the house. We are still expected to be
June Cleaver, and bring home half the income. But the good thing is...we can vacume and knock back a "cold one". And go offshore with the "Big Dogs' and shoot fish.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:53 PM   #125
aaron proffitt

After God created Adam, he said to him " Adam, I'm getting ready to make you a partner. Seeing as how I'll have to make some changes to your plumbing in order to make you and her compatible...would you rather pee standing up or have multiple orgasms?"
Our dumb asses have been writing our names in the snow ever since.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 09-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #126
Polystigma
No Bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahuntress
I don't iron shirts or cook either.

Exactly the reason you do not have a man...
Polystigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 10:46 PM   #127
aaron proffitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polystigma

And this is the reason you just killed a tube sock to another Jessica Alba appearance. Whatever works for you ,dude...tube socks need loving ,too.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 09-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #128
Polystigma
No Bananas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron proffitt
And this is the reason you just killed a tube sock to another Jessica Alba appearance. Whatever works for you ,dude...tube socks need loving ,too.

Yeah ok and you have Mr. Slave as your avatar, need I say more...
Polystigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:31 PM   #129
aaron proffitt

And you don't think Mr. Slave is funny....bitch is hilarious...Oh ! Jesus Christ !!
'Sides, only a militant heterosexual could have that avatar and be comfy with it. Someone who doesn't need a tube sock.

Furthermore, you have 'fish hard' in your sig. line. Seeing as how the hard was next to the exclamation point the emphasis would be on hard. Clearly , a reference to HARD, young men. Which is cool...I guess, if your in to that kind of thing.

Jose Rivera ...RIP

Last edited by aaron proffitt; 09-22-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #130
StabbinBoy
A good view on life

Send a message via AIM to StabbinBoy

The study states that men are more intelligent than women. But we don't always act it!

Consider that as early as Adam and Eve, it was Eve who had the relationship with the Serpent. Adam and Eve were instructed not to eat the fruit of the tree. The Devil evidently studied both humans to find which would be easiest to tempt - the least stable. Consequently, Eve was persuaded to eat the fruit.

But remember, Eve was tricked; Adam was not. The real lesson is that Adam, seeing the banishment of Eve, purposely gobbled the fruit because he couldn't stand to be without her. Rather than be left alone, he skulked to the tree, and, with both eyes wide open, munched away to his damnation. History's first grovel. Adam groveled to avert loneliness. Even today, men are en mass flushing their wallets and lives to avoid being left by, or without a woman.

Prior to their being expelled from the garden, neither Adam nor Eve had to work. They had plenty of idle time as God provided all of their needs. Idle time never caused Adam to turn against God or Eve, but an idle woman???

Stay tuned - future installments will include Women during the Middle Ages, Renaissance, Industrial Age, The Great Depression, WWII, The Baby Boom, The Sexual Revolution and ultimately? Why women are asking... "Where have all the Real Men Gone".
StabbinBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:16 AM   #131
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Great post, Stabbin'.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #132
Seahuntress
The Spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polystigma
That's the problem...I love to cook, but they always want to cook for me????
What's up with that?? That part I don't understand. I'm the best cook in the world. Its the men that I'm attracted to have been single all their lives. The men I've met don't want' "little Susie" Homemakers. They just want a date. I'm attracted to men the won't commit...
Old 09-23-2006, 04:10 PM   #133
aaron proffitt

Wow !! Very thought provoking, Stabbin.

Jose Rivera ...RIP
Old 09-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #134
DIVERTOM

Send a message via AIM to DIVERTOM Send a message via Yahoo to DIVERTOM

Just remember.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25275-1f.jpeg
Views:	117
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	38785  
DIVERTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:02 PM   #135
StabbinBoy
A good view on life

Send a message via AIM to StabbinBoy

The Middle Ages
Since Adam and Eve left the Garden of Eden, men assumed the dominant role in societal life. With larger stature and power to their credit, why shouldn't they have been dominant? Women assumed the role of wife, mother and homemaker while men 'ran the show'. A woman would never consider questioning a man, often for fear of receiving a sound beating!

Without Patricia Ireland's and her ilk smattered all over CNN, a male dominated society kept the 'weaker vessel' in check. And so it was for several milleniums.

Flash forward to the Renaissance. Men were men. Women were women. Knowing that women were prone to mislead any hapless victim that wandered across their paths, the British Parliament passed this act in 1770 . "All women, whatever age, rank, profession or degree, whether virgins, maids or widows, that shall impose upon, seduce or betray into matrimony any of His Majesty's subjects, by scents, paints, cosmetics, washes, artificial teeth, false hair, iron stave hoops (what the hell is that?), high-heeled shoes, bolstered hips, or padded bosoms shall incur the penalty of the law enforced against witchcraft and like misdemeanors and, upon conviction, that marriage shall stand null and void."

Ah those whacky Brits and their zany judicial system! The laws of this time reflected the opinion of men - that what was theirs was theirs, and women were 'entitled' to whatever their man wanted to give them.

Then came the Industrial Age. Modern technological advances such as automatic clothes washing machines, refrigerators, electric stoves and the like became available for men to buy and bring home. With such conveniences bestowed by the gracious hands of their husbands, women had time to think. Communication improved with the advent of the telephone and the radio. With so much more freetime on their hands, women now listened to the radio and talked on the telephone. And they grew restless...

Remember Eve in the Garden of Eden? With all of her needs met, Eve proved that idle hands are the devils workshop. History has shown repeatedly that when a populace becomes restless, the Dictator will soon face overthrow.

The next installment will detail the beginning of the end of the male domination of western society. Grab a hanky, and pop open a cold beer lads. This ain't gonna be pretty. . .

Last edited by StabbinBoy; 09-23-2006 at 08:26 PM.
StabbinBoy is offline   Reply With Quote