Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 01:32 PM   #16
davej

Re: Buying my first boat! need help deciding...

Hey Asi
I hate to mention this boat because its currently my dream boat and its still for sale. However I don't see me coming up with the cash any time soon. http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/me...-35-000-a.html
davej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:54 PM   #17
SBH20Man
Brent

Re: Buying my first boat! need help deciding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davej View Post
Hey Asi
I hate to mention this boat because its currently my dream boat and its still for sale. However I don't see me coming up with the cash any time soon. http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/me...-35-000-a.html
Have you looked at that boat?

I have. The owner is a really nice guy (runs the local marine mechanic service in SB) but the boat itself is pretty rough, in my opinion. The relatively new motors are really nice, but when I crawled around on it, I found myself thinking that it would take more work than I was wiling to invest to make it "nice" as a boat. It reminded me of a musty camper that had been parked under some trees in someone's yard for a little too long. Lingering funky smells, leaf debris and dirt in all the little crevices, rusty fittings, etc.

He is basically selling it for slightly more than the value of the motors, though, so its all relative. If someone wanted to put some effort into it and this was *exactly* the kind of boat they wanted, its probably a really good deal. I was also scared off by the balsa/wood cored hull and the general condition of the bilge (moldy).
SBH20Man is offline   Reply With Quote