Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
thomasrogers

Question La Jolla Kayak Entry

I'm going to La Jolla next weekend and wondering where would be a good place to enter with a kayak. Any Ideas? I'll be headed toward the forest
thomasrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
sdncdiver

Re: La Jolla Kayak Entry

The best and safest place to launch a kayak in La Jolla is the La Jolla Shores Public Launch. You are actually allowed to drive on the beach to launch your kayak. Keep in mind that the area inside the cove is a reserve, so you'll have to paddle to the area outside the point at La Jolla Cove. A fairly long paddle but worth it.

Here is a link

bigwatersedge.com/index.php?page=lajollashoreswebcam
sdncdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
thomasrogers

Thanks man, i appreciate it.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
Ocean-tendency
Kaili's Protector

I typically launch at Wipeouts Beach aka South Casa or Casa Cove (the south side of the lifeguard and CP)..it has steps, not too many. As long as you time your exit/entry, no problems. South Swells usually go right past it and as far as the NW swells if it's mostly West or has a lot of West in the swell, no go.. Beats the long ass paddle from the Shores or Marine room. If you don't want to deal with the Shores crowd the other alternative is the Marine Room, you can park on the street right next to the alley by the Marine Room Restaurant, just be careful if it's too high of a tide, but once again still easy and beats the crowd at the Shores. Marine St is a decent beach, there is a ramp that goes straight down to the beach, but parking can be sketchy and if there is swell, not a great idea. It really depends on your kayaking skills, but I love launching at South Casa or Wipeouts Beach.

Ocean-tendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #5
thomasrogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean-tendency View Post
I typically launch at Wipeouts Beach aka South Casa or Casa Cove (the south side of the lifeguard and CP)..it has steps, not too many. As long as you time your exit/entry, no problems. South Swells usually go right past it and as far as the NW swells if it's mostly West or has a lot of West in the swell, no go.. Beats the long ass paddle from the Shores or Marine room. If you don't want to deal with the Shores crowd the other alternative is the Marine Room, you can park on the street right next to the alley by the Marine Room Restaurant, just be careful if it's too high of a tide, but once again still easy and beats the crowd at the Shores. Marine St is a decent beach, there is a ramp that goes straight down to the beach, but parking can be sketchy and if there is swell, not a great idea. It really depends on your kayaking skills, but I love launching at South Casa or Wipeouts Beach.
Thanks man, I'll check it out. sounds promising