Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
seal77

Inverted polispast 110 camo

Hi guys,here is another gun from the 110 series with some colours.Camo is made with car paint and whole gun is finished with car laque.
I usually prefer pure polished carbon,but there is nothing better than car paints if you want some paint job.Good quality two component car laque is the ultimate resistant protection,also for wood.I recomend it as a top layer for any aplication that needs protection and gloss.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143421.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	235287   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143602.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	235288   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143608.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	235289   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143653.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	235290   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143718.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	235291  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143747.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	235292   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_143928.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	235293   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170913_144153.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	235294  
seal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #2
Grizzlestomp

Re: Inverted polispast 110 camo

Without muzzle risers to lift up the line at the muzzle, does this add an extra step to reload the shaft?

Meaning, after you shoot this gun, the bands pull the line around the rollers which then pulls tight over the track at the muzzle. To load the shaft, do you then have to lift the line up by the built-in load assist to slide the shaft/sharkfin tabs underneath?

Very curious as I like the idea of getting rid of the muzzle risers. They are no longer necessary on inverted rollers because there is only one line pulling on one sharkfin tab and nothing to catch. Just would like to hear your take on whether this makes loading more difficult.

Apologies if this comes across as confusing, if anybody gets what I'm asking and can rephrase, that would be great.
Grizzlestomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:42 PM   #3
SubSub

Great looking gun!
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 PM   #4
Behslayer

Very nice and a good tip on the finishing. Seal I see Roisub using a buffer system and catching the rope inline. Do you think there is an advantage to this?
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 PM   #5
TVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlestomp View Post
Without muzzle risers to lift up the line at the muzzle, does this add an extra step to reload the shaft?

Meaning, after you shoot this gun, the bands pull the line around the rollers which then pulls tight over the track at the muzzle. To load the shaft, do you then have to lift the line up by the built-in load assist to slide the shaft/sharkfin tabs underneath?

Very curious as I like the idea of getting rid of the muzzle risers. They are no longer necessary on inverted rollers because there is only one line pulling on one sharkfin tab and nothing to catch. Just would like to hear your take on whether this makes loading more difficult.

Apologies if this comes across as confusing, if anybody gets what I'm asking and can rephrase, that would be great.
I've got one of his first 110 inverts Grizz. The way he solves the muzzle stop is simplistic and brilliant. The main line that runs through the pullies and front rollers terminates in a double overhand loop on the top side of the gun. A thick pin is installed just in front of the rollers making it impossible for the double overhand knots to pass through the rollers. The wishbone is then tied to these loops using a sheetbend like you would any bands with loops. What remains is a small loop that you can get your fingers through even with the bands are pretensioned. I'm sure that all sounds more complicated than it is, so I'll take some photos in a bit.
TVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #6
seal77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlestomp View Post

Actually this is a verry good question.Muzzle risers in traditional rollers are the only way to stop the wishbone blocking the shaft,becouse there is band going through the muzzle.Its a bit of a complication becouse its lifting a little the shaft but on the way out,it needs a loading assistant or a second wishbone to catch and it requires a midpoint to atach the line on the shaft.
With polispasts muzzle risers can be avoided becouse there is only line going through the muzzle and stop system can be verry simple.The wishbone that drives the shaft can be free and doesnt block it on the muzzle.That makes loading easyer and also doesnt require any special atachement point for the mono
Old 09-14-2017, 02:21 AM   #7
TVA

Here's the pictures. Let me know if you'd like to see any other angles.

Loaded up, you can see the stopper pin.

With the front rollers removed and the stopper pin pulled halfway out.

TVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
seal77

Yes this is one of the first inverted guns from more than 5 years ago I think. It was designed to shoot with a single inverted band and thin shaft.But the muzzle stopper remained the same))
The technique of making then was completely different-first shaping the core and wrap it in fiber.Now its oposite process))
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #9
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal77 View Post
))
The technique of making then was completely different-first shaping the core and wrap it in fiber.Now its oposite process))
I don't know much about carbon fiber shaping. What do you mean exactly, do you use a mold to shape the cf and than inject foam?

Sent from the abyss
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:21 AM   #10
seal77

[quote=kodama;2152660]I don't know much about carbon fiber shaping. What do you mean exactly, do you use a mold to shape the cf and than inject foam?
Yes thats right
Old 10-02-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
Kevin Sheets

Nice work, how do you finish off the carbon fiber at the end of the muzzle. I like your design. I have made one polyplst so far and anticipating another. I found the gun was sooooooo smooth! No jerk at all.
Kevin
Kevin Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:53 AM   #12
seal77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sheets View Post
Nice work, how do you finish off the carbon fiber at the end of the muzzle. I like your design. I have made one polyplst so far and anticipating another. I found the gun was sooooooo smooth! No jerk at all.
Kevin
The one with red is made the old way,wrapped in carbon and vacuumed.Then a lot of sanding to get good finish and sometimes needs to aply resin aditionaly for better surface . With molds and vacuum infusion you get much better finish and quality of the composite

Last edited by seal77; 10-04-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #13
Kevin Sheets

By “molds” do you mean the gun is not a carbon wrap on wood? What is the core made of?
I am really interested in how you did this!! I am new to carbon fiber and the learning curve is steep! ��
Kevin Sheets is offline   Reply With Quote