Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:56 PM   #1
popgun pete

Leg loading spearguns and cable rollerguns

Over the years there have been a number of leg-loading spearguns, one of the more common ones was the Technisub “Super Blitz”, a eurogun with a travelling muzzle that slid forwards on the barrel tube. You placed the wishbone in the shaft notch, or on the shaft tab, and then stretched the bands by moving the muzzle which had folding pegs or a transverse bar built into the muzzle that you pushed forwards with your fins. The muzzle could lock at a number of positions and after the shot it was slid backwards towards the rear grip handle. It occurs to me that this arrangement could be used to stretch out the band battery on a cable rollergun with a catch trapping the bands at full stretch. Then you hook up the cable wishbone on the shaft tab and release the muzzle catch.

The foot pegs would have to be folded or a bar removed as during the shot the band battery front end moves rearwards rapidly and you don't want any drag or a lot of mass slamming into the rear end of the gun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Technisub Super Blitz.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	242661   Click image for larger version

Name:	Technisub Super Blitz detail.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	242662   Click image for larger version

Name:	Technisub Super Blitz barrel catch.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	242663   Click image for larger version

Name:	Technisub Super Blitz handle.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	242664  

Last edited by popgun pete; 05-23-2019 at 07:35 PM.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
popgun pete

Re: Leg loading spearguns and cable rollerguns

Back in the day I saw a brand new "Super Blitz" for sale in a small seaside town sports store. I don’t think it ever was sold as it was too expensive and I was wary of guns with plastic load bearing triggers, such as the flimsy "Crawl" models. Next one I saw many years later had a white grip and muzzle parts and a red or burgundy anodized barrel, but that gun also hung around for a long time without selling. The sliding muzzle may have scratched up the barrel if sand was ever trapped in the gap between them and that is always a problem if you go shore diving and get pounded in the wave zone or are put through the washing machine on a lumpy day.
popgun pete is offline   Reply With Quote