Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:02 AM   #61
OBLIGATED

Re: Spearboard bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGiiCz View Post
My favorite beer is orange blossom pilsner (OBP). The brewery is out of Orlando, FL. It has a very slight hint of orange and honey. They also have the OBP2 that has been highly recommended to be but I havent got a chance to try. I was told that its very similar to the OBP but the flavors are concentrated and comes with a higher alcohol content.

Other than beers I only really like to drink tequila and vodka (rarely). I fell in love with tequila thanks to my dad (and heritage). When my immediate family lived in Mexico he collected tequila bottles. At the peak of his collection he had over 150 bottles of premium liquor.

I'm just starting to get into cigar smoking. I had a couple of cubans that I have really enjoyed and a handful of Dominicans I liked too. I definitely like the mild bodies cigars much better, the full bodied smokes tend to make me feel sick ..
Go slow on a full bodied smoke or you will be dizzy or sick.I had a LaPerla WIDE last night in the hot tub with some Captain Morgan Tattoo rum and Pineapple juice.The wife didnt care for the smell but I really like a full bodied cigar for a treat.La Perla has some lighter cigars that are highly rated.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #62
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
Been getting cheaper in my old age, I'm smoking these little cigars that are like Backwoods, but they're called 1882's. Their $1.82 for a pack of 3. They aren't too bad. I had too many quality problems with Backwoods; too tight, holes, not rolled at all, etc. Screw them.

Bell's Two Hearted Ale for my beer, and pretty much all foofy umbrella drinks, or Grey Goose dirty on the rocks with blue cheese stuffed olives.
There is a little cigar on Cigar International called Banditos that come in a burlap bale.La Perla has a black and tan mini cigar in a cedar chest.I believe they were $25 for 50.Backwoods have slipped over the years.
Old 01-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #63
Timinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
There is a little cigar on Cigar International called Banditos that come in a burlap bale.La Perla has a black and tan mini cigar in a cedar chest.I believe they were $25 for 50.Backwoods have slipped over the years.
Yea, I like to inhale and the nice big world class cigars turn me green. I'll look into the Bandito's, maybe try an box.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:36 PM   #64
Timinator

I checked out the Bandido's. I with our smoke shop here and he's going to try and order me some. The La Perla's got pretty shitting reviews on CI so I'm staying clear of those. That's for the heads up on the Bandido's though.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #65
hatterasfreedvr

24pk Milwaukee's Best Ice chased withe a hit of Freon from the neighbor's a/c unit then followed up with a Newport Light. FTW
hatterasfreedvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:22 PM   #66
peripatetic

Reserva de la Familla with a Monte Christo #4 from Havana
peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:51 PM   #67
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterasfreedvr View Post
24pk Milwaukee's Best Ice chased withe a hit of Freon from the neighbor's a/c unit then followed up with a Newport Light. FTW
LOL,When I was a teenager a guy my family knew died stuck between the wall of his house and the A/C unit from huffing freonI ended up dating her
Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #68
StukNotAnchored

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterasfreedvr View Post
I did not even know how prevalent this was until I finished building my house and could not get a CO until I had a locking cap installed on the A/C unit. I got into it with the building inspector over it being the dumbest thing I ever heard of and he told me about kids doing this. What happened to getting someone to buy you beer or raiding the liquor cabinet?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #69
StukNotAnchored

Key Lime Martinis

1 1/2 oz Stoli Vanil vodka
2/3 oz Ke Ke Beach key lime liqueur
2/3 oz lime juice

Pour vodka, Ke Ke Beach liqueur and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake and pour into a chilled martini cocktail glass, rimmed with graham cracker crumbs. Serve with a twist of lime.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #70
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by StukNotAnchored View Post
Key Lime Martinis

2/3 oz lime juice

Pour vodka, Ke Ke Beach liqueur and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake and pour into a chilled martini cocktail glass, rimmed with graham cracker crumbs. Serve with a twist of lime.
I guess Ill be doing a booze run to try those!Probably wouldnt be too hard to get hammered on those after a long day on the boat.
Old 01-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #71
StukNotAnchored

I assure you, two of those after a day on the water will put you down like old yella. I am 6 ft, 200 lbs and that is it. 3 and I am unable to perform manly duties.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #72
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

Quote:
I did not even know how prevalent this was until I finished building my house and could not get a CO until I had a locking cap installed on the A/C unit. I got into it with the building inspector over it being the dumbest thing I ever heard of and he told me about kids doing this. What happened to getting someone to buy you beer or raiding the liquor cabinet?
Yeah, I just heard this shit a few months back....WTF....I thought I had done about all there was to do when I was a kid, but obviously I have been outclassed by dumber asses more dumber than me.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:53 PM   #73
riplipper
Relax, a beer will help

And Timinator, you are right, Bells Two Hearted is the shit......
You should try Sierra Nevada's "Celebration" if you can find it. Its awesome too.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:01 AM   #74
Timinator

Quote:
Key Lime Martinis

2/3 oz lime juice

So, Roses lime juice, or fresh squeezed only, or?
Old 01-19-2017, 08:18 AM   #75
StukNotAnchored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timinator View Post
So, Roses lime juice, or fresh squeezed only, or?
You can use Rose's I guess. In the Keys, we always have limes laying around for the Coronas, so can't say I have done it. We have used those little squirt bottles from time-to-time that you find in the Winn Dixie and it did not hurt anything.

I have trouble believing guys who kills things at very short range with sharp sticks and sharks swimming around have such delicate palates that they can tell the difference. I mean, really, if a bull is close enough I swear I taste my own pee and you are asking me if lime juice makes a difference?