Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Fish4sale

Advice on spearfishing alone

So I've recently picked up spearfishing/freediving and absolutely love it. But I've been unable to find a buddy that can go as much as i do or who is at the same level. I volunteer at an aquarium and many of the experienced spearfishing guys say it's ok as long as I don't push it beyond my limit. As a result, I've been going alone.

I dive to a max depth of 30ft for about 45 seconds. I never hyperventilate and keep a surface time double of my dive time.

With all the information out there about blackouts, I am curious as to how many of you dive alone and what can be done to prevent blacking outs when diving alone?

I looked into the freediving courses and although i would like to go, it is a bit pricey for me at the moment.

Any input is welcomed. Thanks.
Fish4sale is offline   Reply With Quote