Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #16
kodama

Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Mikel thanks for your input makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #17
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Thanks for sharing the thread insert knowledge there guys, helped me avoid much trial and error there

The other option is to ditch all that muzzle bling altogether.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78725311-5B02-4BFC-B114-F24583C9FE26.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	239695  
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 11:18 PM   #18
doyenofcastle

I made different approach ,drill large hole then filled with epoxy ,after dried drill a pilot hole and fix my screw with locktight or silicon sealant ,I don't think you can use the insert to fix the muzzles top screws as there is no space for that but from down u may fix in one case if the screws penetrate in thick part wood and not thin as I have seen or you will go through the band slot .
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:26 AM   #19
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by doyenofcastle View Post
I made different approach ,drill large hole then filled with epoxy ,after dried drill a pilot hole and fix my screw with locktight or silicon sealant ,I don't think you can use the insert to fix the muzzles top screws as there is no space for that but from down u may fix in one case if the screws penetrate in thick part wood and not thin as I have seen or you will go through the band slot .

Indeed another good suggestion. The expansion sleeve with epoxy might be useful to attach the reel because some users had problems with the screws there in the past.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #20
Mikel_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Indeed another good suggestion. The expansion sleeve with epoxy might be useful to attach the reel because some users had problems with the screws there in the past.

I did exactly that in one of my builds. Scroll down to about 2/3ds of the post (loooooooong post!) https://lapescasubmarina.com/ftopict-27472-mk2.html

Y used the epoxied inserts for mech, reel and muzzle. Pretty much everything besides the trigger guard.
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:39 AM   #21
Castronova
The Conch Republic

They were trying to get the muzzle design to work with a thru-bolt but I'm not sure if it worked out or not.

I've had 4 or 5 Abellans (2 currently) and have got them for damn near everyone I dive with regularly and plenty others locally and have never heard of a muzzle wrapping up and/or someone losing the gun from it.

I had to do a little bending on one of the prototype Albacores when the muzzle was retrofitted with a pin but that was not a production gun, it was for testing.
Castronova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:09 AM   #22
kodama

I have tried to find information on the new models true several channels but to no avail. Received no answer @ Abellan.
It seems pretty hard to find out when anything new will become available. Maybe it is all just hype..

If anyone can share truthful information please do.

Old 10-17-2018, 06:09 AM   #23
Mikel_24

I asked in a Spanish forum and there is no information about new designs for 2019. There seems to be a change in the materials (wood mainly) but not in the design itself.

Mikel
Mikel_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel_24 View Post
I asked in a Spanish forum and there is no information about new designs for 2019. There seems to be a change in the materials (wood mainly) but not in the design itself.

Mikel

Well that is disappointing after all the talk of rotated carbon handles (see the Facebook page) and double roller triggers. I have been trying to be patient and postpone acquiring a new reef gun but maybe I have to look in a different direction then. I still hope that it will materialize somehow.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:32 AM   #25
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Afaik, these guns would not be coming out of Spain but the US. Something like a licensing collaboration, possibly.
Last I heard, they had bought an expensive CNC machine and were getting that dialed in.
I don't have any info on where the project is now or whether there are any issues other than starting up a production taking longer than often anticipated.

Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:15 AM   #26
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
Afaik, these guns would not be coming out of Spain but the US. Something like a licensing collaboration, possibly.
Last I heard, they had bought an expensive CNC machine and were getting that dialed in.
I don't have any info on where the project is now or whether there are any issues other than starting up a production taking longer than often anticipated.

Diving Gecko. Thank you for the information! Would love to hear something if more information becomes available. Are those who are starting this up members of the forum?

Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 AM   #27
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Diving Gecko. Thank you for the information! Would love to hear something if more information becomes available. Are those who are starting this up members of the forum?

Yup, as Majd mentioned earlier on, Greekdiver is one of them.

Last edited by Diving Gecko; 10-18-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:03 AM   #28
Alec

There are so many good guns on the market do you guys really think waiting 6 months for a Denton is worth it?
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 06:51 AM   #29
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
There are so many good guns on the market do you guys really think waiting 6 months for a Denton is worth it?

If I knew I could get it before next season sure why not.
Always open for suggestions of a similar gun. Similar to me means comparable price, build quality and out of the box performance.

Old 10-19-2018, 01:36 AM   #30
doyenofcastle

I tried to introduce this gun in my place but seem the guys here don't feel comfortable to the muzzle shape they like the regular wood style ,I am wondering why its very famous in euro\US ?everyone their want to either buy it or shape his wood similar to that !
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote