Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-18-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
Kaz

Exclamation Need New Gun ASAP! Suggestions?

I need to find a new speargun ASAP as the summer season is about to start and I found myself without a gun. I had previously owned a Cressi Comanche 75 and I was happy with it although it was pretty old, but now Im looking for something of a higher level. Im not looking to spend too much money however.

I spearfish in Cyprus so I hunt all kinds of fish, from a wide range of sizes, in both shallow and deep waters. In my opinion 90-95cm would be an appropriate size. Im mostly interested in straight shooting, easy aiming and manuvering and a good shooting range. Should also be able to handle the big guys well cause I often come across big amberjacks and dentex.

Any suggestions?

- We all come from the sea.
But we are not all of the sea.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:21 AM   #2
FWFishSlayer

Re: Need New Gun ASAP! Suggestions?

cant beat Mako for the price. i love my predator pros. Solid, accurate and affordable guns.
FWFishSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
Kaz

I know that Makos are a good choice especially for their price range, but the thing is I have never seen anyone shooting with a Mako in Cyprus and neither do I know where to find one. If I order it online (which isnt something i like to do) its gonna cost me even more for shipping and import taxes that in the end the price wont be worth it at all... :/

- We all come from the sea.
But we are not all of the sea.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #4
Neptonic Systems
Official Sponsor

You can't go past a Rob Allen. Shoots like a laser, built for the toughest conditions on Earth, reasonably priced and excellent resale value. They are the no. 1 selling gun in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia and possibly the U.S. When it comes to guns you need quality and the reassure you're not going to have any problems with them.

In regards to Cyprus, the conditions in the Med are very different, they can get away with thinner lighter barrels and flimsier construction. Most fish they shoot are under 5lbs in calm deep water.

Quality you can trust from North America's Largest Selection of Spearfishing Equipment.
Neptonic Systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Cyprus_Spearo
Spearboard Sponsor

Petros

There are so many great brands at your disposal out there.
The truth of the matter is that you will always be recommended a gun that a person shoots or a gun that a dealer sells.
Pipe guns in general do not have many things that can go wrong with them with normal use. A muzzle could break and a trigger could start miss-firing after a lot of use both items easily replaced if they were to happen. This could happen and does happen to most brands.
For your diving you do not want a heavy slow moving gun but a lighter gun that you can swing easily and fast. I would not call a lighter gun flimsy since the lightness could easily be a result of more advanced materials like higher grade treated aluminum or carbon.

We hear again and again that this is made like a tank and that is made to be able to demo a house with. I just need my speargun to be able to shoot a fish not to go to war and not to go use it in construction. I have seen plenty of so called tanks fall apart and jackhammers being jagged.

http://www.spearamerica.com
https://www.instagram.com/spearamerica

2950 Airway Ave
SuiteA7
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(949) 536-5336
spearamerica@gmail.com

Fulfilling my passion!!
Cyprus_Spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:37 PM   #6
SeaWolf83

Selling a Riffe 110x Euro. Great all around gun. Check out my post if interested.

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
SeaWolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:39 PM   #7
SeaWolf83

http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=182564

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau
SeaWolf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 03:16 AM   #8
apexdiver
Tony

You have like six other threads essentially asking the same thing?
apexdiver is offline   Reply With Quote