Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:43 PM   #1
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Cryptocurrencies

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Bitconnect Abruptly Shuts Down, Crypto Currency Collapses; BCC Holders On Suicide Watch

“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #2
OBLIGATED

Re: Cryptocurrencies

On one hand I feel bad for him but borrowing 500k for crypto is crazy in my simple mind.
I have money in four cryptos on coinbase.The last week or so has suuuuucked but its not like I will not be able to take care of my obligations if I lose what I speculated.
My weed stock took a dump after doing pretty good.Now its in the black again.
Still wont risk what I cant afford to lose.I wont be happy but not life altering like a 500k loan.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
On one hand I feel bad for him but borrowing 500k for crypto is crazy in my simple mind.
I have money in four cryptos on coinbase.The last week or so has suuuuucked but its not like I will not be able to take care of my obligations if I lose what I speculated.
My weed stock took a dump after doing pretty good.Now its in the black again.
Still wont risk what I cant afford to lose.I wont be happy but not life altering like a 500k loan.
Yea, word...I looked into capitalizing on the craziness w/ a small investment but bowed out when it started to go south. I made a small profit. I'm making much bigger profits off of precious metals and the miners at the moment. It's a much safer investment as it will never go to zero. Regardless of what the MSM and the propaganda will have you believe, gold/silver IS real money. Of course the deep state propaganda don't want you to realize this. They are the contrarians. Do exactly what they don't tell you to.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
Old 01-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #4
OBLIGATED

I want more gold but Ill wait till my guy calls with a deal.Usually get it just below spot.Should have bought all of the last package he had but coulda,shoulda,woulda
I did two mutual funds.OAKMX and SWPPX that SEEM like decent funds for long term(10 years or more)but Ill put more into land or buy vehicles at wholesale for a safer return.Both them funds have done 18-19% when the economy wasnt too friendly.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:58 PM   #5
Marcus

I've been studying the PM field for a long time and have been holding steady and adding when it has got ridiculously low. It's now coming to fruition. I'm anticipating some serious gains. I'm already realizing some.

Last edited by Marcus; 01-26-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #6
Marcus

"Go Piss Off" - Brawl Breaks Out On CNBC Over Bitcoin
Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #7
Marcus

"Biggest Theft In Crypto History": Over $400 Million Stolen From Hacked Japanese Cryptocurrency Exchange
Old 02-02-2018, 08:33 AM   #8
Marcus

A lot of people losing money on this bubble. Russia gold reserves have recently hit historic highs w/ 223 tons accumulated last year. Central bankers down talk the use of gold as money while they quietly accumulate it.

"The Bubble Has Burst" - Bitcoin Tumbles Below $8,000 As Cryptocarnage Continues
Old 02-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #9
Marcus

Gold backed crypto. Just posting for reference.
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digixdao/
Old 02-02-2018, 05:13 PM   #10
OBLIGATED

Im still holding with the four main cryptos.Riding it to the moon or into the dirt.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #11
Marcus

Bitcoin life.
https://i.imgur.com/gZegbxF.mp4
Old 02-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #12
Marcus

These guys are morons.
Arizona Senate Passes Bill To Allow Tax Payments In Bitcoin
Old 02-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #13
fitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Link broke.
Why is that wrong?
fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
Ocean

Bitcoin always sound interesting to me, but I was investing in my business and not in "gambling", now my assets give me some money to gamble a little, so I am trying to buy some crypto to gamble)
Old 02-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #15
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz View Post
Link broke.
Why is that wrong?
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...yments-bitcoin

The electorate are gambling their constituents money away. They weren't elected to be money managers. wtf, yo?