Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > Dive Boats 4-Sale

Dive Boats 4-Sale Have a dive boat you want to sell? Post photos and a good description, and you may just have some success.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
SemperFIsh
Marine

Re: 23' Fish Nautique $10,000

Thanks for the advice. Boat is no longer for sale. I borrowed $, so I will put ANOTHER Thousand into this beast in NOV when I get back from VA Beach and after I pay me debts, till then, she sits. What a shame, but at least I still got her. Don't know if thats good or bad. We will see after the new work is completed.
Tampa, Clearwater FLwww.youtube.com/user/gigg566

SemperFIsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #32
SemperFIsh
Marine

This boat is again for sale... Asking 8k, needs engine work. Considering offers

Old 10-19-2014, 12:05 PM   #33
cheetah chrome

What exactly is mechanically wrong w the boat? Is it just a carb issue? A carb rebuild kit for a Holley is ~$35...requires pretty basic tools. There isn't much wiring involved in a carb'ed OMC. Can you narrow down where the wiring problem area is (ie what exactly isn't working). IMO, you might be only a couple hundred in parts away from taking your grandpa fishing.
cheetah chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 04:02 AM   #34
SemperFIsh
Marine

I cannot start to work on this boat again. My Grandpa is so old now (90yr old), that he is starting to lose his mind and his diabetes is getting to him, plus his bad knee. I gave it a shot, but am not so rich I can experiment with mechanics who constantly rip me off. The engine was rebuilt in 2009 at Engine Lab, and I was taken for a small ride there, which they did not live up to my expectations and the boat was overheating, so I cut it off to find out why, and it didn't crank again...that was the last time I had it cranked on DEC 31st, 2009 and I had it towed back to Fort Desoto boat ramp, towed it home, and I will leave it that. No telling what it needs, but I say wiring because the wires need replaced. If the engine was rewired, carb rebuilt or a rebuilt one installed, and everything cleaned up, it would be a solid ride for someone with the space, time, and money for this boat, but that's not me. I bought a home with HOA, no boat pad or even a space to park it in front. Someone can have this boat for 6k. That would be my last offer, as it is just sitting in a lot in Mulberry FL, and will ultimately be stripped for parts for another boat, and the hull sat on blocks, and either made into a pirate ship for my little girl, or chopped in half and the stern made into a poolside bar.... Does anyone want this boat????? Just the boat would be 5k.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #35
Semper Gumby

Hi there,
It is now 2018, and I'm wondering if you still wish to sell your boat. I only ask because the thread went for some years indicating it was still around. I'm in California, but wouldn't mind the long drive for a fair deal. I am familiar with the FN's. For me, the perfect deal would be a boat on a trailer that could make it across the country. The iffy engine is a plus! An old gas engine (those boats originally had a ford 351) whether Ford or Chevy are worth basically nothing. I would repower the boat with a Volvo turbodiesel regardless of the old gas engine's condition. Does your boat still have a good Warner Velvetdrive transmission?

If you still have the boat and wish it gone, let me know and we'll try to put something together. My apologies in advance for coming late to the table, but I only ran across your thread recently. I registered on the board just so I could post this!

Phil,
Retired Shipwright in Newport Beach, Ca
Semper Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #36
SemperFIsh
Marine

Sorry Semper Gumby,
I sold the boat just before Hurricane Irma to a guy in SouthEast Florida. He was going to do a full rebuild on it. I hope his adventure went as planned and that I see the final product someday!!!