Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-09-2016, 03:20 AM   #16
willstroo

Re: How did i not see this here yet..?!

Very very interesting.. I have had so many positive experiences with rollers, dont get me wrong also plenty bad, but overall i love them.

Maybe without thorough testing as you have done, its all in the head..?! Though i cant believe it could be true.

I love cars and have modified them for years. And sometimes when you add an exhaust for example, people swear the car is faster, because it looks better, sounds better, so it MUST make more power and be faster. Reality is on an actual dyno, there was no difference in power.

Maybe the same applies here.. BUT, i still add exhausts, still add roller heads, because i love to tinker. I also truly believe that the roller head on my RA110 has DEFINITELY made it a more powerful gun than previously.

Who knows!!!!!!

Jimmy
willstroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 04:27 AM   #17
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by willstroo View Post
Are there any dealers on the forum that can ship this double roller muzzle to Australia?

http://www.aimriteusa.com/shop/roller-head

I cant get it shipped to Australia :-(
Aimrite is based in Australia. I just had an inverterd roller gun shipped to he UAE. They ship anywhere.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #18
willstroo

Hrmmm.. I rang up previously and they wouldn't sell me a muzzle by itself, only the $1700 AUS gun with muzzle. US seems to be the only place for me to buy just the muzzle currently.

Thats a lot of scratch for what is essentially a pipe gun! All be it an amazing cuttlefish shaped all carbon pipe gun with double roller muzzle, all of exceptional quality and design haha!
willstroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:57 AM   #19
HurricaneBK

Quote:
Originally Posted by willstroo View Post
Hrmmm.. I rang up previously and they wouldn't sell me a muzzle by itself, only the $1700 AUS gun with muzzle. US seems to be the only place for me to buy just the muzzle currently.

Thats a lot of scratch for what is essentially a pipe gun! All be it an amazing cuttlefish shaped all carbon pipe gun with double roller muzzle, all of exceptional quality and design haha!
Sounds like you need a straw buyer.

It's a lot of scratch for any speargun, especially when we don't know a lot about how it shoots.

They say a large part of fishing lure design is to catch fishermen, not fish. I wonder if some elements of some of the "cutting-edge" roller guns aren't designed similarly for their ability to catch spear fishermen. Maybe Aimrite has knocked it out of the park with this one and landed on the perfect combination for a roller setup, but it's still a lot to pay for an unproven design.
HurricaneBK is offline   Reply With Quote