Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Mid-Atlantic States

Mid-Atlantic States A forum for the states of New York and New Jersey to better define the highly populated eastern US coast

Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
surf/spear

Re: Pulled the trigger

I got the predator 2g 90cm, jams up first week of using, took it apart clean it n jams again, Bought a riffe mid handle, mako is a spare for friends. Maybe just my luck.
surf/spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:46 PM   #17
Dloat

Email them, they'll send you a new handle
Dloat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
NJSpearo84

you can see when the handles are placed in the exact same position, the longer mako has a shorter range??

Last edited by NJSpearo84; 08-19-2014 at 05:41 PM.
NJSpearo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #19
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersymudsniper View Post
Lotta guys glue it on fire lol.

Some guys do a little more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF4n...O05QRSxv03xTRA
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:40 PM   #20
NJSpearo84

Well it came in today. I have mixed feelings about it. The gun is huge!! I didnt expect it to be this big. I measured using the specs on the website and i thought the few inches wouldnt be a big deal but to see it in person, WOW. The biggest thing is the rear placed handle. If you place the handle in the same place as the JBL, its significantly longer forward of the handle. The shaft is like double the length as well. Because the shaft is so long it takes away from the shooting line so therefore I have less than the JBL which resulted in a shorter range?? One thing im going to go is have the mono re done. They pulled the rubber (part that attaches to gun) so far that it took away a good 6" from the length of the mono (if that makes any sense). I should have kept the double wrap. Its a nicely built gun thats for sure. Im worried it might be a little too long for the limited vis up here. And a little too long for rock hunting. I am going diving Saturday morning so we will see.

Forgot to add. The flopper seems really tight and hard to move. It hangs down and moves freely about an inch from the shaft but if you open it any further it seems really hard to open.. It doesnt just freely flop like my JBL. Is this normal?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:02 PM   #21
Dloat

Tune the flopper to do what you want it to, use search. Leave the rest how it is til you use it, the rubber stretches and helps with bounce back, it's there for a reason.
Dloat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
kwtony
Snorkel Master

The way you are describing, your flopper its tuned perfectly. You jbl is the one thats not tuned right...use your new flopper to see how you old one should be. 5 second with a pair of pliers and it will be good again...
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
NJSpearo84

so the flopper should be tight then?

Edit: The flopper is tuned perfectly from what I researched.

Last edited by NJSpearo84; 08-19-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:57 PM   #24
jersymudsniper

Used my 90 last friday. Deff felt odd and to big to deal with. But in reality from handle to spear tip its only 4 inches longer then my 70. Just longer more awkward barrel. Man i cant get pix to upload. Not standard or copy and paste url style. What gives!?

Last edited by jersymudsniper; 08-19-2014 at 08:10 PM.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:15 PM   #25
NJSpearo84

My files never upload either. Always have to use photo bucket
Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #26
jersymudsniper

Yeah i did. Copy and pasted link. Says plug in not supported. Ohh well. Hey i see ur bow target

Last edited by jersymudsniper; 08-19-2014 at 08:35 PM.
jersymudsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:34 PM   #27
NJSpearo84

Father in laws. Hes trying a crossbow. Wants to shoot a deer lol
Old 08-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #28
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSpearo84 View Post
Well it came in today. I have mixed feelings about it. The gun is huge!! I didnt expect it to be this big. I measured using the specs on the website and i thought the few inches wouldnt be a big deal but to see it in person, WOW. The biggest thing is the rear placed handle. If you place the handle in the same place as the JBL, its significantly longer forward of the handle. The shaft is like double the length as well. Because the shaft is so long it takes away from the shooting line so therefore I have less than the JBL which resulted in a shorter range?? One thing im going to go is have the mono re done. They pulled the rubber (part that attaches to gun) so far that it took away a good 6" from the length of the mono (if that makes any sense). I should have kept the double wrap. Its a nicely built gun thats for sure. Im worried it might be a little too long for the limited vis up here. And a little too long for rock hunting. I am going diving Saturday morning so we will see.

Forgot to add. The flopper seems really tight and hard to move. It hangs down and moves freely about an inch from the shaft but if you open it any further it seems really hard to open.. It doesnt just freely flop like my JBL. Is this normal?
How does a longer shaft take away from the shooting line length? Does the JBL have a double wrap of line?

I'm confused?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:21 PM   #29
NJSpearo84

Jbl does. Thats the way it comes
Old 08-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #30
jfjf

So the longer "range" is from a double wrap of line on the shorter gun. That makes sense.

If your visibility rarely exceeds the reach of a single wrap of line, adding more shooting line, will have very little utility and will make the gun slower to re-rig after shooting.

Try the single wrap for a little while before you try to lengthen the line on the mako.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote