Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Anywhere else!

Anywhere else! You can post here to get a conversation started if looking to meet and hunt with people in other areas not listed above.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
Fillet&Release

Mexico without a passport

Soo I dont have a passport. I have some buddies who are going on a surf trip down there and im going with them. We are driving across the boarder. They say its no big deal and i can get back without much hassle. Obviously im an american with id and they cant send me back to mexico...

Is there fines? Any experience with this?
Fillet&Release is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #2
Seeco

Re: Mexico without a passport

You are screwed. I hope you are not already down there.
Seeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

They can smell your fresh meat all the way from the Mexican prison now! I wouldn't go if I didn't have the passport, sounds like a misID could have a bad outcome.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 AM   #4
flamencoguru
FII Freediving Instructor

Have you ever seen the movie, "Born in East L.A."?

When going international, always have a passport.
flamencoguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Totoop

Not having a passport at all is a big difference than not bringing your passport. You will get asked for it when coming back to the US and if you forget it they can usually look it up through other ID forms. But if you don't have one at all then I'd say it is a bad idea. Try getting a passport ID card...they are much quicker to get and work for canada/mexico. Otherwise I wouldn't go, even if they do let you back in (meaning you brought copious amounts of other documentation) it will be a big hassle.

I do many border crossings and have had to deal with people in my groups having forgotten a passports and even that is a big deal.
Totoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #6
Fillet&Release

No im not down there. Its next week. Im not to worried about it. What are they going to do? I have nothing to hide. I will walk back across.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
sacha58

Do not mess with borders......

www.c4carbon.com
www.palmbeachfreedivers.com
www.flfreedivers.com
www.polosub.com

sacha58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #8
Fillet&Release

Im kinda already set on going. Is it somthing i should really back out of at this point?

Walking back across with nothing on me other then the cloths on my back, my id, social security card and a recipt for a passport i purchased.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #9
Turyturbo
Deaf Merman

It happened to me. I forgot my passport when I went to Mexico. When we entered the border, we brided a Mexican patrol border to give me a 'temporary visa'. We continued our trip. Once I arrived the hotel, I contacted someone to do me a huge favor by picking up the passport form and filling it out then submitted it for me. It was an 'overnight' passport process. Two days later, my passport arrived and was picked by someone. Then they scanned and faxed the passport to Mexican spearfisherman who lives near where we were spearfishing with. He gave me the fax papers showing my passport. I made back in US no problem.

Turyturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #10
Seeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turyturbo View Post
It happened to me. I forgot my passport when I went to Mexico. When we entered the border, we brided a Mexican patrol border to give me a 'temporary visa'. We continued our trip. Once I arrived the hotel, I contacted someone to do me a huge favor by picking up the passport form and filling it out then submitted it for me. It was an 'overnight' passport process. Two days later, my passport arrived and was picked by someone. Then they scanned and faxed the passport to Mexican spearfisherman who lives near where we were spearfishing with. He gave me the fax papers showing my passport. I made back in US no problem.

lol sounds easy!
Seeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
Totoop

If you bring all that documentation you'll probably get back in. But it won't be hassle free, depending on which border guard you get/how busy the border is the day you cross you may be giving any amount of shit for it. If you do choose to go, goodluck.
Totoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
mepps1

This is totally awesome! Let us know how it goes. Meanwhile, I think you should watch Get the Gringo and watch it for valuable survival tips.

Actually, it was a pretty good movie even if you never have to live in a Mexican prison.

Border thugs suck. Ours are some of the worst on earth.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
garret

I was detained for 48+ hours because I forgot my passport. It all depends on who u get at the border and how many people are crossing at that time. Good luck
Old 05-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #14
downdiver2
Popping Molly on a daily

My buddy did it two months ago. They went surfing and he didn't even realize he forgot it until he needed it - at re-entry to the US.

He told them the mistake, showed them other identifying identification (CA DL) and they warned him and let him through.

Keep in mind, he is WHITE and Blonde. No denying he is not Mexican. The other guy in the car looks even whiter. If you look Mexican or phillipino (People say I look Mexican) you might not want to 'forget' your passport.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:28 PM   #15
Hank49

Do you (OP) have any felony convictions? If so, you can't get a passport. And if the border guys type in your name, it'll probably pop up in bright red colors that you're a convicted felon....and WHY would a convicted felon go to Mexico? Full body cavity search on the way.
But serously, you've been advised by just about everyone on here to not do it. Why bother. Just get a passport if you qualify and go next time. (this is what I would tell my own son) And yes, I've been to Mexico entering from Belize and the US, not to mention a shitload of other countries around the world.
Hank49 is offline   Reply With Quote