Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Buddy Networking -- Let's Go Hunting! > Charter Trips - Florida

Charter Trips - Florida Unlike other forums, we encourage you charter guys to post trip info!

Old 07-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
EODContender

Bahamas Spear Day Trips

Hey guys and girls. I'm getting things started up for day spear trips to the Gingerbreads and Issacs, Bahamas. $1250 per day for 4 divers. This price includes fuel, ice, cruising and fishing permit. All you have to bring is your gear, food and drinks. You keep all the fish. Other destinations available. Please PM me for details or feel free to ask in the open forum.

East Of Disorder
Capt. Steve
EODContender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
skram
Sam S. / Descent Apparel

Re: Bahamas Spear Day Trips

Sounds nice. How many hours of actual diving can you get in a trip?
skram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
EODContender

Quote:
Originally Posted by skram View Post
Sounds nice. How many hours of actual diving can you get in a trip?

In the summer I can have you in the water by 11:00 and out of the water around 6 or 6:30. Back to Ft Lauderdale by 8:30. That's completely checked in and legal.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
LunkerBuster
Hungry Fish

Wow. That is a pretty awesome idea.

So you launch out of port Everglades? What kind of boat?

How do you handle scheduling and weather? Is there a rain check policy. I think may have a group who are interested.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
EODContender

Yes Port Everglades. 27 Contender (30'). Bean bag chairs provided. Rain check shouldn't be an issue if weather keeps us from going.

Last edited by EODContender; 08-01-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
xquizitdjx

Sounds like a great deal!
xquizitdjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
Keller Aquatics
Official Sponsor

sounds like a great idea!!!

KELLER AQUATICS
Big Game Pole Spears/ Custom Knives

BAHAMA PRO SPEARFISHING

DON'T SHOOT A WIMPY SPEAR!!
aquatics@kellerbizz.com

http://kelleraquatics.com

561-927-6400

Keller Aquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #8
Mobile Diver

Outstanding price for such a trip.
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
Capt.Gene

If you had a stellar fishing trip, how much catch can you return with?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
EODContender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Gene View Post
If you had a stellar fishing trip, how much catch can you return with?
Bahmaian rules while were in their waters, but.......When returning to a US port, we would have to follow US/FL State regulations for what we bring back. The US Gov basically says anything that comes in to a US port was caught in US/State waters, regardless of what paperwork you have stating you were elsewhere. Like I said, earlier, you guys/gilrs keep your catch, no share for capt/vessel (unless I jump in and get my own fish)

Now, you decided to charter me for a longer period of time, we follow Bahamian rules and regs, until its time to go home.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #11
jetlag
Relentless

Sorry to bust your bubble but.... You are making several incorrect statements in your post:

1. It is absolutely illegal to run commercial trips to Bahamian waters unless you buy a commercial Bahamian license ($10,000) or you are in violation of the US Lacey act. Penalties can range up to $50,000 and seizure of your boat. Or, Hugh fines by the Bahamians if they catch you.

2. No mater how long you stay in the Bahamas, you may not bring back more than a one day Bahamian limt or you in violation of the Lacey act. As long as you make no stops in US waters until you reach your home port, US and Florida bag limits do not apply. Also, you may not return with anything that is prohibited or protected in the US (conch, turtle, Nassau grouper, jewfish) but you may possess speared lobster. If you stop in US waters, anything on you boat is assumed to have been taken in US waters and any violations apply.

I tell you these things with some authority. I am a retired US Customs Agent and I make the trip frequently, just not on a "for hire" basis and I have to be 100% legal.

If you have any questions about proper procedures or licensing send me a PM.

Be safe and have fun.
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #12
EODContender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Sorry to bust your bubble but.... You are making several incorrect statements in your post:

1. It is absolutely illegal to run commercial trips to Bahamian waters unless you buy a commercial Bahamian license ($10,000) or you are in violation of the US Lacey act. Penalties can range up to $50,000 and seizure of your boat. Or, Hugh fines by the Bahamians if they catch you.

2. No mater how long you stay in the Bahamas, you may not bring back more than a one day Bahamian limt or you in violation of the Lacey act. As long as you make no stops in US waters until you reach your home port, US and Florida bag limits do not apply. Also, you may not return with anything that is prohibited or protected in the US (conch, turtle, Nassau grouper, jewfish) but you may possess speared lobster. If you stop in US waters, anything on you boat is assumed to have been taken in US waters and any violations apply.

I tell you these things with some authority. I am a retired US Customs Agent and I make the trip frequently, just not on a "for hire" basis and I have to be 100% legal.

If you have any questions about proper procedures or licensing send me a PM.

Be safe and have fun.
I guess we'll go on a bubble busting competition. Ill start with you stating you're retired, and saying your statement has some authority. Ill let you figure out what point breaks your bubble on that one.

Thanks for the information though. All the agencies I've dealt with have a tendency to interpret the laws the way they see fit. The easiest way to handle local US law enforcement is to follow the rules they enforce. So by bringing back legal Fl limits, I don't have to take the time to educate the rookie FWC officer at the ramp and possibly go to court because he doesn't understand what you just explained in your post. Nothing against them, but thats the reality in the situation. I guess I'll just split trips with like new like minded fishin buddies to the GB's, not a charter, just splitting costs. Enjoy your retirement.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #13
EODContender

And for the record, I'm no longer offering trips at that price. Pm me of a group wants to split a pleasure trip over, not a charter. I'm always willing to make new friends and split costs. Have a hard time getting buddies to commit these days.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
jetlag
Relentless

I actually retired 4 weeks ago and I speak for experience and knowledge of the pertinent laws. That being said, I too am also always looking for new people to dive with and I would be happy to have you on my boat for a split the costs trip. I usually go to the reefs south of Bimini then work the edge down to the 24 degree line then over to Cay Sal then north. It's a 3-4 day trip. Lots of fish and beautiful reef.
jetlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #15
EODContender

4 weeks ago huh. I guess you still haven realized you're just a regular guy with just as much authority as the next guy. You'll have to adjust to being the regular fish rather than the big fish in the pond. Being in a paramilitary service my self, I've seen the older guys retire (Chiefs)and have to come to grips with the reality that no one has to listen to their bullshit anymore and they have no authority. A real blow to their egos. They just fade away after a while. Dont worry, You'll adjust.