Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #16
Behslayer

Re: Planning New Bluewater Roller Build - 1 or 2 bands?

HPwatson, I'm not sure if you ever saw these tests?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8OR...ature=youtu.be

I've seen a lot of guns using the Inverted Poliplast system since this.

Regarding a Double Roller. Double Rollers can be very effective and have some big advantages. They are fairly simple to load, you can only load one band and use the same gun in different conditions, you can add bands to the bottom and power up a platform. But they are tricky beasts to get right. The Best ones I've seen use a thicker band on the Bottom portion of the gun tied to a fixed length thinner band on the portion of the bands that goes around the roller and on top. They use Pretension, and depending on your wishbone set up, can require a Loading Assist Hook. My favorite ones I've seen are Inline Double Rollers. Ie the 4 rollers are in line at the muzzle, not staggered.

As far as Simple Continuous band Double Rollers go, it seems like a lot of band going around a bend, I've seen them work well in taking down a bunch of nice fish, but the physics makes me nervous.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 11:51 PM   #17
Behslayer

More thoughts.

Here's how I'd go. First, I'm assuming that when you are listing the Blank size as 110-115 that you are talking about band stretch length and not total length. If that's the Total length I think it's a bit short for what you are after.

I'd either go with a Single Roller with an Inverted System and a Booster Band. The idea here would be to use thicker band on bottom joined to a thinner band set at fixed length by means of a dyneema string through it's center which will round the Roller. Then use a 14.5mm Booster at 380% on top. You can try adding a secondary band to the bottom. And make one of those the Pretension Band ie, you put that on when you will use the gun, and then only need to load one time on bottom.

or an inline Double Roller using the same system above with both bands at Pre Tension. Only load on top. If need be can add another set of bands to bottom.. But you could tighten it up and require Load Assist or strong fingers and secondary loop.

or I'd go Like Seal with the Inverted. I'm not sure I'd go for the full Poliplast concept with the Band Rolling around the Back, but two bands pulley on bottom one pretension and one booster on top.

I'd try an 8mm and also an 8.5mm shaft.

I wouldn't make the gun Soooooooo skinny. Your not Alemanni with 1000+ Guns under your thumbs so you'll make some mistakes and volume will be your friend.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 06:08 PM   #18
pbguy420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post

1-

I'd either go with a Single Roller with an Inverted System and a Booster Band. The idea here would be to use thicker band on bottom joined to a thinner band set at fixed length by means of a dyneema string through it's center which will round the Roller. Then use a 14.5mm Booster at 380% on top. You can try adding a secondary band to the bottom.

2-

or I'd go Like Seal with the Inverted. I'm not sure I'd go for the full Poliplast concept with the Band Rolling around the Back,

Hey boss, these are the two inverted concepts that I see on guns and I still don’t fully understand. Could explain each in more detail and what the specific goals of each approach are. I’ve seen what I think you are describing I’m number one on alemanni guns and have obviously seen the second on seals guns.

My first inverted build went great but I want to dive into every approach that has been looked so I can truly attempt to perfect my first completely custom build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pbguy420 is offline   Reply With Quote