Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 05-26-2017, 07:07 AM   #16
SubSub

Re: Small id rubber pros and cons

Stumbled upon these bands with a smaller inner diameter than the regular Small id bands and called "No holes" band. Anyone tried them?

SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
FreediveCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Stumbled upon these bands with a smaller inner diameter than the regular Small id bands and called "No holes" band. Anyone tried them?

I'm surprised the picture was even able to post on this forum. I have not tried the "no holes," but had considered them a while back. After searching the web a bit I found peoples' results were not too great and decided against them.
FreediveCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:05 PM   #18
SubSub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreediveCA View Post
I'm surprised the picture was even able to post on this forum. I have not tried the "no holes," but had considered them a while back. After searching the web a bit I found peoples' results were not too great and decided against them.

Noticed that these bands were presented a couple of years back, and that all the raving since has been about the regular small IDs, guess that tells what I wanted to know.
SubSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 08:14 PM   #19
FreediveCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSub View Post
Noticed that these bands were presented a couple of years back, and that all the raving since has been about the regular small IDs, guess that tells what I wanted to know.
To be fair, I don't believe the majority of people on this board know the Freedive Store so I don't think you will get much information here and I believe Dan is the only one who carries the "no hole" rubber. Again, even from what little information I was able to pull it was not promising. I'm sticking with small id.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:18 PM   #20
FreediveCA

One additional thought... I don't believe these are primeline so if the bands are lacking in performance it may not necessarily be the "no holes" that's the issue, but the formula itself.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #21
spearq8

I tried the zero ID bands and found them to be almost identical to the small ID bands from Primeline ... at least in 14mm size. Maybe not as snappy but still very good. I only tested the 14mm size. The top coat did fade out quickly though and the zero ID bands are almost impossible to use with a knotted loop and you absolutely need to use the plastic inserts or metal inserts made for small ID bands. If you want to see some example of the zero ID bands in action you can see them in this test here. They are the silver bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSK4HkkimXk
spearq8 is offline   Reply With Quote