Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 11-15-2017, 02:09 AM   #1
slpoh

Rob allen misfired

Own a rob allen 115 Mahi carbon,no problem with rob allen shaft(160cm,6.5mm),recently I change to pathos shaft (160cm,7mm),and it misfired.They gun has 2X16mm band.Any thought?Thanks!
slpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:04 AM   #2
parker

Re: Rob allen misfired

Perhaps the Pathos trigger notch is positioned or shaped just different enough to matter. Suggest sticking with RA shafts. ...Or you can give the gun to me for safe keeping!
parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
slpoh

Talking Re: Rob allen misfired

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker View Post
Perhaps the Pathos trigger notch is positioned or shaped just different enough to matter. Suggest sticking with RA shafts. ...Or you can give the gun to me for safe keeping!
if it continue to misfired,will pass it to you!There is only a little bit slightly different from the notch.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:01 PM   #4
RichT

All euro gun mechs are NOT the same! Some euro (looking) shafts will fit and some won't.
RichT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #5
getawayFK
Spearo-doc

Which trigger mech you got? (Vecta 1 or 2)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #6
slpoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by getawayFK View Post
Which trigger mech you got? (Vecta 1 or 2)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the vecta 2.I don't know all the euro mech is not the same.
Old 11-17-2017, 04:27 AM   #7
e.m.p!

RA had a trigger recall a while ago, if you still have the old black one, you'll get it exchanged for the grey. Won't fix it if there's an issue with the sear though, may pay to take a closer look.
e.m.p! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:52 AM   #8
slpoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.m.p! View Post
RA had a trigger recall a while ago, if you still have the old black one, you'll get it exchanged for the grey. Won't fix it if there's an issue with the sear though, may pay to take a closer look.
Mine is the new handle,grey color.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:19 PM   #9
Ron S

Contact Greg or Vanessa at The Freedive Shop in Sacramento. They are the importers of Rob Allen. Awsome folks to deal with and will certainly take care of you.
Ron.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 11:25 PM   #10
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

if mech needs replacement and not under warranty, i.e. u have to fork out $, try a Meandros Nitro mech - have them on my RAs and they are a solid upgrade
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #11
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

I checked into this a little deeper, asked around a bit and heard through the grape wine that the stance of RA (and possibly other manufacturers) is that you, unfortunately, can't expect all euro shafts and mechs to be 100% interchangeable (Like RichT pointed out above). Perhaps the tolerances and differences between brands are just too big to make it so.

In the end, it may very well be that the mech is fine but do let us know how it all ends.
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:47 AM   #12
slpoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron S View Post
Contact Greg or Vanessa at The Freedive Shop in Sacramento. They are the importers of Rob Allen. Awsome folks to deal with and will certainly take care of you.
Ron.
Too bad I'm from South Pacific island and the shop's customer service are very poor.I'm waiting for my rob allen 7mm shaft,they ran out of stock.Willnlet you al know how it perform.may I know how to is the meandros mech?From what I see,I can't dismantle the handle.How did you change it?Thanks.
Old 11-21-2017, 02:59 AM   #13
kavachi
the deeper the blue.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slpoh View Post
Too bad I'm from South Pacific island and the shop's customer service are very poor.I'm waiting for my rob allen 7mm shaft,they ran out of stock.Willnlet you al know how it perform.may I know how to is the meandros mech?From what I see,I can't dismantle the handle.How did you change it?Thanks.
living in the islands changing to stainless steel shafts makes life a lot easier, and the 17-PH stainless shafts such as Hunt and Devoto are tough as, unlike the non-hardened stainless shafts [which get bent a LOT quicker than Rob Allen shafts]
Pathos have sold a bunch of different stainless shafts, some of which are hardened and some not, am not much help there sorry
I've used Devoto and Sigal euro shafts with the stock Rob Allen mech without issues.
Only suggesting Meandros if you are faced with buying a new mech. fitting is easy, it really improves the efficiency of the RA gun, and works perfectly with the range of euro shafts. how-to video from KYTony linked below. lots of great info here on SB too bout getting the most out of your RA.
happy hunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_2siqUBXY
kavachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:03 AM   #14
slpoh

Unhappy Re: Rob allen misfired

[quote=kavachi;2156889]living in the islands changing to stainless steel shafts makes life a lot easier, and the 17-PH stainless shafts such as Hunt and Devoto are tough as, unlike the non-hardened stainless shafts [which get bent a LOT quicker than Rob Allen shafts]
Pathos have sold a bunch of different stainless shafts, some of which are hardened and some not, am not much help there sorry
I've used Devoto and Sigal euro shafts with the stock Rob Allen mech without issues.
Only suggesting Meandros if you are faced with buying a new mech. fitting is easy, it really improves the efficiency of the RA gun, and works perfectly with the range of euro shafts. how-to video from KYTony linked below. lots of great info here on SB too bout getting the most out of your RA.
happy hunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln_2siqUBXY[/QUOTES

Went out fishing today and really disappointed with the gun,put back
My old rob allen shaft(no problem before changing the band),and it misfired again, i only fishing with one band and I missed a GT.It is a bad day.Is the meandros mech accept euro shaft?or it only takes american shaft?will
Either sell the rob allen or get another mech. I took out the mech and have a look of the sear and it seems look ok for me.Really don't know what is the problem.
Old 11-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #15
slpoh

Got a message from rob allen,he really cares about his gun.Hope he will find out what is the problem.Does anyone heard about spearfishing world?Thinking of getting a mech replacement.