Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #16
reef roamer

Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Great Show Tony, congrats to you and all of the Team Ocean Warriors

hey wana sea my fish????????

Koahspearguns.com.
Ladygadivers
reef roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #17
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrran View Post
Is this a YouTube exclusive or will it be on TV as well?
Good question - It will not be a YouTube exclusive. The main show will have traditional linear network distribution. The online segments will be distributed digitally on YouTube. My online segements are running about 7-10 minutes in length.

Here is a current example off how the big boys are doing the digital distribution:

http://www.thewrap.com/media/column-...-youtube-46631

Quote:
From producer Bryan Singer (X-Men, Superman Returns, House) Warner Bros. presents a new highly anticipated live-action web series – H+ The Digital Series. H+, directed by Stewart Hendler (Sorority Row), created and written by John Cabrera (Gilmore Girls) and Cosimo De Tommaso, will be displayed through Youtube in 48 different episodes where each episode will be 4-7 minutes.
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #18
seadogger

Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Very interesting Tony !! I really enjoyed watching. Looking forward to more !!

JESUS SAID...."Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day.....Teach a man to spear & he will eat for a life time or until SAFMC shuts everything down " or something like that.
seadogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #19
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Post Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
1.9 million years?? Not homo sapiens
Humans as in Hominins Nerka. Here attached are a few scientific articles of interest and relevance.

Quote:
ABSTRACT - The manufacture of stone tools and their use to access animal tissues by Pliocene hominins marks the origin of a key adaptation in human evolutionary history. Here we report an in situ archaeological assemblage from the Koobi Fora Formation in northern Kenya that provides a unique combination of faunal remains, some with direct evidence of butchery, and Oldowan artifacts, which are well dated to 1.95 Ma. This site provides the oldest in situ evidence that hominins, predating Homo erectus, enjoyed access to carcasses of terrestrial and aquatic animals that they butchered in a wellwatered habitat. It also provides the earliest definitive evidence of the incorporation into the hominin diet of various aquatic animals including turtles, crocodiles, and fish, which are rich sources of specific nutrients needed in human brain growth. The evidence here shows that these critical brain-growth compounds were part of the diets of hominins before the appearance of Homo ergaster/erectus and could have played an important role in the evolution of larger brains in the early history of our lineage.

I had the opportunity to visit Olduvia Gorge personally in the 1980s. Back in those days I also met (in Florida) Dr. Jack Harris of Rutgers University who is one of the main authors of the fish in early hominin diet research attached. Here is a pretty interesting video featuring jack on another African subject:

Under One Sun- Dr. Jack Harris on African Cats

Old 07-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
DjZeff

I can already tell this show is going to be a great success!!! good work
DjZeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #21
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjZeff View Post
I can already tell this show is going to be a great success!!! good work
I sure hope so. Thanks!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #22
Omie

Great Job! Really interesting stuff and great footage!
Omie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
killer-mermaid

Awesome show!! I can't wait to see more. Any idea what network the tv series will be on?
killer-mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
SpearitPBC

Very nice vid Tony, look forward to many more
Old 07-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #25
French

cool! i like the show!
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Cool Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

I think this related subject matter link on MSN today is interesting:

10 Unsolved Mysteries Of World War II

UFOs, buried treasure and missing people are just some of the many unresolved mysteries of World War Two. Music: "Bullet to the Brain" by Kerry Muzzey

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...hp&form=msnrll
Old 08-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #27
kengolding

Very cool, good luck with the new show. I would watch every episode
kengolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #28
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengolding View Post
Very cool, good luck with the new show. I would watch every episode
Thanks!

I am working hard on shooting and editing new online episodes. I had a very important conference call with people in Los Angeles tonight about cable distribution of the main show. Fingers crossed.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #29
Lazy Bones

are the "warriors" still out there? 6 months bewtween episodes? Must be on some Black Ops deep cover stuff.
Lazy Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Talking Re: Announcing "Ocean Warriors" - a New Reality TV Show - The Devil's Triangle Myster

Working on it Bones - every diveable weekend.

http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=155601