Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 Tournament and Event Archives > 2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014

2014 The Blue Wild Expo - February 22-23, 2014 This is a world-class spearfishing, diving and water sports event with 1,000s of participants at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #16
Sheri
So Little Time

Re: Thank you to The Blue Wild and Sheri

GS, OceanPlayer, Hogzilla, Mighty KC, SnapperLuke....your excitement is what gives me and my staff the energy to do this Expo, so thank YOU!

The fact that you would drive that far to come to the Expo shows how passionate you are about this sport and the ocean. It's so much fun to meet people from around the U.S. and from around the world. I'm glad you liked the show and see you in 2015!
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:30 PM   #17
waterbug
bobbi

Agree 100%! KY Tony, you are now a legend, you will never be forgotten! To all of you prize winners, congrats!!! See you next year!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #18
Gary Schulte

Send a message via AIM to Gary Schulte

Okay, can Dan MacMahon please now fill the rest of in on that sunken plane he found in the MG? I believe he was saving the details until the Blue Wild if I'm not mistaken.
Gary Schulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
spearhunter11
Surgical Shooter!

Gary go to the exploring thread!!
spearhunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:41 PM   #20
Gary Schulte

Send a message via AIM to Gary Schulte

Cool. I'll try to find it
Gary Schulte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #21
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjf View Post
I can get Tony to change his screen name now.. It will only take a moment.
Bahaha I laughed out loud in the post office when I read this. Pease don't. Hahahaha
Old 02-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #22
Wile E. Coyote

I have been real curious what video footage Dan & Kenny brought to the Bluewild.
Bummed that I missed the show. There were a bunch of great speakers.
Next year I guess.
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #23
HeadHunter
Dan MacMahon

I've enjoyed all the previous Blue Wild expo's but I think this one was my favorite!

* The tribute for Art Pinder was just perfect.....a person can't do much better than to be remembered and honored in a large gathering of peers and friends. That was off the charts Sheri, nice job.

The speakers were great, the artwork just keeps getting more beautiful (how I don't know but it does), the most amazing collection of dive and spearfishing gear under one roof anywhere, and a huge crowd of enthusiastic divers! Amazing!

The event just keeps getting better and better. It's been pretty cool to watch the amount of UW video go from a trickle to a flood. (Thanks gopro) Just about anywhere you looked, there were great vid's playing with exciting uw scenes. Pretty sweet.

The raffle and auction is getting Gi-normous. The roar of the crowd was deafening. When a ticket number was called and the lucky winner came forward to claim his/her prize, everybody who didn't win gave a sincere round of clapping and were just genuinely happy for the winner. The energy level was closer to a rock concert than to a raffle!

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say how truly lucky/blessed we are to be able to have this event. It has enriched my own life and probably everybody's life that has attended one. Thank you for doing this Sheri ! The Blue Wild and it's creator are both truly amazing!

I had a great fantastic time and am already looking forward to the Blue Wild 2015! Hope to see you there!

Safe Diving, Dan

Smart people realize they know very little.
Stupid people think they know everything.
HeadHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 PM   #24
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

Quote:
I can get Tony to change his screen name now.. It will only take a moment.
HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is gonna stick.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 PM   #25
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

One day Im going to bring my grumpy self out there.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #26
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadHunter View Post
I've enjoyed all the previous Blue Wild expo's but I think this one was my favorite!
There is always magic in the air, and I think it's because these great guys (like Dan and Daryl and Johnoly) come to share their passion and their knowledge. And then everyone reacts with such enthusiasm which makes us even more excited....love that positive energy!

K-W-W-W Tony. What can I do to make this up to you? You know that other name butchering I did where the new nickname stuck? I felt so bad I gave him free entry for life. You have the same thing. Does that help at all? I'm so sorry. These people are just brutal, I tell ya.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #27
Wile E. Coyote

Curious on the story behind screwing up the KW/ KY
Wile E. Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #28
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri View Post
There is always magic in the air, and I think it's because these great guys (like Dan and Daryl and Johnoly) come to share their passion and their knowledge. And then everyone reacts with such enthusiasm which makes us even more excited....love that positive energy!

K-W-W-W Tony. What can I do to make this up to you? You know that other name butchering I did where the new nickname stuck? I felt so bad I gave him free entry for life. You have the same thing. Does that help at all? I'm so sorry. These people are just brutal, I tell ya.
That is very generous Sheri... but if he accepts your offer, shall we deem that to constitute consent of, and authorization for, the immediate (and irrevocable) modification of his screen name?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:41 PM   #29
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
That is very generous Sheri... but if he accepts your offer, shall we deem that to constitute consent of, and authorization for, the immediate (and irrevocable) modification of his screen name?
Uh, I don't know, Jiffy, you'll have to ask Tony about that.

I don't think he cares for that name. He might prefer to go undercover and change his name completely after this.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:08 AM   #30
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
Curious on the story behind screwing up the KW/ KY
I wrote KWTONY on the back of all the tickets i put in for the raffle. I only put them in one bucket and got real lucky to win the intermediate free dive course...in which Sherri said "K...YTONY?? K..WTony!!" I blurted out " KWtony" I was so happy that I won but I walked up and shook my head, I knew the damage was already done. ...apparently my sloppy writing is the culprit for this. Honestly tho guys, Sherri is a very beautiful woman...she can call me whatever she wants
While i do appreciate it, I simply cannot accept free admission to the Blue Wild for messing up my name in front of the whole group, because JFJF just looking for a reason to change my name at this point. In fact, charge me double next year hahahahaha.