Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:13 AM   #1
brandon cadalzo

nautilus wetsuit thoughts...

I am really thinking about purchasing a nautilus ombre pro in 5mm. The price point is great as well as the construction of the suit. It has yamamoto 39 and it has added protection around the elbows and knees. I was just wondering if anyone out there could chime in on these suits?
brandon cadalzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 04:23 PM   #2
brandon cadalzo

Re: nautilus wetsuit thoughts...

ok, nevermind. I found what I needed by making good use of that new fangled search feature! No more googling for reviews.
brandon cadalzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #3
fishingdude
Lost at Sea.....

Send a message via AIM to fishingdude

I have the 5mm and I absolutely love it. The high quality neoprene keeps me super warm. The suit fits great and allows more mobility than a lot of other 5mils that I've worn. It honesly feels like a 3mm with the mobility. There are a lot of suits on the market, but I have to say that the Nautilus wetsuit presents an extremely competitive price point for such a high end suit. You wont be disappointed.

4-6 is always better than 9-5

Check out my YouTube Channel:
SPEARFISHING VIDEOS
fishingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:55 AM   #4
KILLIAN
from lurker to legend...

Alibabba crap!!!
Lmfao!

Geez I have no idea how your situation ended but it must have been fierce.

I don't know Andrew well (met 2 times and spoke on phone 1) but he seems to be a good guy and has set up a lot of florida locals with affordable gear without complaint. He will usually give deep discounts on stuff if you reach out to him.

In my opinion if you go easy on your wetsuit and don't climb rocks to get in the ocean most suits will.last just fine.

Seems like most company's now are getting thier hands on neoprene that stretches decent for freediving too.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:22 AM   #5
Spear_Row

-1 for the nautilus rant. (is -1 even a thing?)
I feel bad for you, you obviously had a bad experience. 99% good reviews, means 1% is bad.
I have the naut fins, for years, lots of shore dives, love them, they still rock. The owner always replies to my many stupid emails and questions.
Spear_Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:23 AM   #6
Teamdiesel

I have used their fiberglass fins and had one break on me at depth after 2-3 months of use. Andrew immediately shipped out a new blade to me. I understand that they have discontinued their fiberglass range though. Apparently there have been alot of people with similar problems as I had.
Teamdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #7
Thin man

I'm a big Andrew and Nautilus fan. I'm one of the local Floridians that Killian referred to in his post. I'm just a little ol' recreational diver so I don't know much, but I have a 3 mm Nautilus suit and their previous generation carbon fins and I love both. Andrew and JD have taken great care of me when I have stopped into the shop and I took the FII level 1 with Andrew as the instructor. Everyone has their opinion and Andrew and everyone at Nautilus is pretty high on my list.
Thin man is offline   Reply With Quote