Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Politics/Religion Forum

Politics/Religion Forum This special place is for threads that are primarily on political or religious subjects.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #1516
Wayward Son
You're Screwing Up My Chi

Re: what will happen to our gun rights?

he used a truck for cover.

you really might just listen to the guy explain what happened rather than make assumptions of what you couldn't be bothered to hear.

http://www.thefra.org

If god turns out to be a lobster, I am so royally screwed...
Wayward Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:30 PM   #1517
nilsonov

I know very little on this topic, but have seen articles like this over and over.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...pgtype=article

can someone explain what's wrong with this argument?
nilsonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:33 PM   #1518
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Son View Post
he used a truck for cover.

you really might just listen to the guy explain what happened rather than make assumptions of what you couldn't be bothered to hear.
Will do, but if he changes up the story...it's kind of suspect, no? He did actually say at that time stamp that the guy was using a hand gun. Again...like I said, I love a gun owner stopping more potential deaths as much as the rest of you. I'm not a leftist, just a realist that wants the truth. I abhor more gun control. I'm just keepin' it real, yo. Us citizens have been lied to SO many times. Research "Operation Gladio". It's not fake. It's not some crazy 'conspiracy'. It has been ongoing since WWII. The same tactics are being employed here now. I am circumspect about any of this crap...especially after so many of these FF fear operations to herd us into our cages.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:03 PM   #1519
Wayward Son

if you want to talk about what he had to say, fine. right now you want to argue about what you imagine & I simply don't have the time or energy for that.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #1520
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
7:56 mark.
Huh?? Are you pretending he didn't say that?? C'mon man, I'm not making this crap up.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:14 PM   #1521
Wayward Son

frankly, I have no idea what you expect of the guy. you comment on him being an expert & I guess that means he should know exactly how to have a gun fight or something.

he is a past NRA instructor. you get what that means? he taught marksmanship & gun safety. punching holes in paper at a range.

I've seen nothing to indicate that he had any military service, much less combat. nor anything about law enforcement or anything else that should make him an expert in fighting an active shooter.

he's a guy who lives in a town that had about 500 people in in who know his way around a gun but I dodn't see anything reported to indicate that means anything about fighting.

his daughter heard gun shots. he grabbed a rifle & investigated & found himself in a gun fight.

I look forward to your interview when you're faced with similar circumstances & survive it.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #1522
Wayward Son

he said when he first saw the guy he was holding a pistol & then you stopped -by your own account- listening.

which means that anything that might have been said or happened after that point is irrelevant, you're arguing about what you think must have been said or happened, not what the guy actually reports.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #1523
Wayward Son

and now I have visions of marcus stepping out with a rifle, seeing the bad guy with a pistol & saying "my bad, hang tight, be right back. I have too much gun..."

Old 11-07-2017, 06:29 PM   #1524
Marcus

Nope. You're right, I'm wrong. Not open for discussion...because that's offensive to the hero agenda. No room for questioning logic and wavering recounts of what happened from the horse's mouth. That's fine. I don't care to argue the facts w/ ones' so entrenched to the idealistic story they want to believe. Trust me...I WANT to believe the same...but when I hear inconsistencies...I ponder. I will finish the film and report back if I've found myself a hypocrite. No shame in my game...humbleness is my teacher.

~Peace

Last edited by Marcus; 11-07-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #1525
mepps1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsonov View Post
I know very little on this topic, but have seen articles like this over and over.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...pgtype=article

can someone explain what's wrong with this argument?
Cherry-picking data.

Why didn't they define the data in a more meaningful way- mass shooting victims per 1 million or some such? Answer- because it would yield a less "useful" result for the compilers of this useless data.

Let me parse the numbers. I can tell any lie I care to from true data if I can pick out what I like and discard the rest.

But if the NYT does it, some people are dumb enough to buy it.

Last edited by mepps1; 11-07-2017 at 07:30 PM.
mepps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:59 PM   #1526
mepps1

Quote:
Nope. You're right, I'm wrong. Not open for discussion...because that's offensive to the hero agenda. No room for questioning logic and wavering recounts of what happened from the horse's mouth. That's fine. I don't care to argue the facts w/ ones' so entrenched to the idealistic story they want to believe. Trust me...I WANT to believe the same...but when I hear inconsistencies...I ponder.

~Peace
Seriously. lay off a little. The guy is clearly as real as you or I. And he made the shot. End of story.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #1527
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepps1 View Post
Seriously. lay off a little. The guy is clearly as real as you or I. And he made the shot. End of story.
My apologies, I'm too slow...I edited my message as I realized I sounded like a major douchbag after reading it...and then read these next posts. My bad. Apparently, all these FF shootings which has one questioning every thing has made me jaded.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-07-2017 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:25 PM   #1528
Marcus

Geez...in an effort to not be a hypocrite, I went back and viewed at least 15 minutes of the video. At the risk of bearing the brunt of you haters, I have to say I still stand by my initial observation. He tells a different story than what's already been reported. Their are many cheap cuts/edits in the video, and it sounds so idealistic. Not buying it.
Now that's not saying I'm adverse to such. The other side plays even dirtier. Fight fire with fire, right? IMO, it's really the only way when you have so many forces fighting against truth. That's why I thought the idea of infiltrating lefist sites and writing ridiculous satire was so damned funny. I mean it's like trolling a live bait thru a school of hungry Mahi.

Edit: And oh, I'm not adverse to changing my position upon further evidence being revealed.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:29 PM   #1529
mepps1

Quote:
My apologies, I'm too slow...I edited my message as I realized I sounded like a major douchbag after reading it...and then read these next posts. My bad. Apparently, all these FF shootings which has one questioning every thing has made me jaded.

This is clearly a very different cat in comparison to the Las Vegas shooting. Real nutcase loser. Real motive !!!. Real hero ()

No financial, circumstantial, or human anomalies, comparatively.

But the same exact political opportunism on the left.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:34 PM   #1530
Wayward Son

"than what's already been reported", this from the guy who constantly tells us that everything that's reported is a lie.

now you trust what's been reported more than the guy that was there & did it?