Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 01-06-2004, 06:07 PM   #1
Ed Walker

Freedive tourney dates?

Screen Name, your PM mailbox is full. When is the Bayport tourney? Just got my new 04' calendar and setting up my charter schedule. Tides are very strong on the weekends of the 10th and the 24th (Full and new moon tidal peaks) so Im hoping its the 17th. We'll be there either way of course, just want to be sure I dont have a conflict. Thanks, Ed
Old 01-06-2004, 06:24 PM   #2
Red Tide

Glad to see that the capitan of team "Shoot & Release" is at least thinking about the tournament. It will be held on April 17th and the rain date is April 24th. Like you, I am hoping for the 17th.
By the way, I have an extra 1mm shorty suit that you, Chad and The Dragon Lady can borrow for the day.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #3
Screen Name
Bubble Pack Junkie

Thumbs up Re: Freedive tourney dates?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Walker
Screen Name, your PM mailbox is full. When is the Bayport tourney? Just got my new 04' calendar and setting up my charter schedule. Tides are very strong on the weekends of the 10th and the 24th (Full and new moon tidal peaks) so Im hoping its the 17th. We'll be there either way of course, just want to be sure I dont have a conflict. Thanks, Ed
Thought I fixed it yesterday........ The new schedule is up on the FSDA site and includes all of the area tournaments that we know about, including Spearboard and SPO.

Click the link in my signature. Then on the upper left there is a button "Calendar". Click it. The calendar is pretty cool, it has links built in. For example, on the Spearboard or St. Pete Open tournament listing, just click the link and you will go there.

Man, that Al Gore was smart.

You dont need to worry about the tournament though Ed, its too cold for you to dive. We need to get you a 7mm wetsuit and send ya back into the water!

By the way......Welcome to Red Tide!
Screen Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
Ed Walker

Ill be sure to pass your offer along to "The Dragon Lady". Your suit might be a little tight on me, in the front below the waistline that is.

Last edited by Ed Walker; 01-08-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Ed Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:13 AM   #5
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

Red Tide! 'Bout time you popped up.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:34 PM   #6
Sheri
So Little Time

Red Tide, You're calling my team "Shoot and Release"? You're offering me a 1 mil shorty? Calling me Dragon Lady? Woohooohhh, you are treading on dangerous ground, mi amigo. You just keep right on taulkin'. Yup, yup, yup...keep going.

Ed, don't you go diving with the enemy! We're gonna have some serious business to take care of soon. I hope you're practicing and accumulating spots. And why don't you go do a little fishing all over his spots?
Sheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:43 AM   #7
Red Tide

Oh Dragon Lady,
I had your capitan out for drinks tonight. He left his black book open and I copied all of the spots that your "Shoot and Release" team were planning on using for the state free dive championship.
One thing for certain, is that you can be rest assured that the Red Tide will be all over those lame spots every trip between now and then. I hope you guys are really good at making chicken salad out of chicken %$#@. Maybe they will have a rock and sponge division that you guys can excell in.
By the way, we have not seen you out diving in Bay Port latley. Were you just relying on your minions to pave your way to Hawaii.

Just remember:

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opprtunity"

Buena Suerte Mi Amiga!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:31 AM   #8
Dive4Blood
The Wizard Of HOD

Yes! At last, someone "hablando mierda" besides the guys affiliated with overnight dive charters . Red Tide, welcome to Spearboard, it's about time! Hey, what's up with the pink polka-dotted Speedos I found under the driver's seat of the Honda Pilot you let me use that afternoon?

PS- I hear that Baldy Baldridge still wants to kick your ass .

AJ Suarez
Dive4Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
Ed Walker

I just dont think you will get many women interested in your 1 millimeter "shorty".

Last edited by Ed Walker; 01-08-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Ed Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #10
Red Tide

D4B,
O.K., you found the Pink Polka Dotted Speedos. I did not want to say anything but............I think that they belong to a member of team "Shoot and Release". It has been rumored that one of their members has a fetish for such garments.
The reason that I was offering them the 1mm shorty suit that I wore to shoot mullet at the gandy bridge when I was 12 years old, was that after catching a glimpse Ed's manlyhood upon exiting the cold water in the gulf one day, I figured that this suit would fit both he and the Dragon Lady quite well, with the exception of the chest , where it might be a little tight.
What could you possibly expect from a: SAT Score 960,ACT Score 21,Kicked out of Jesuit,2.7 GPA,U.S.F. Graduate,Car Salesman, that loves to spend most of his free time murdering things that swim in the ocean, so that he can eat them in order to satisfy some latent primalism from my genetic past ?
Cuando aprenderan....... siempre no molestar una mofeta???

Tu Amigo,
RED TIDE
Old 01-08-2004, 02:03 PM   #11
RabiSpear
Blake Gaylord

We breakin' in the hybrid next week? I figured it's namesake could give me a few tips on it. Especially how to line it up on sponge, or better yet, a 200lb....well, you know.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:23 PM   #12
Sheri
So Little Time

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Walker
I just dont think you will get many women interested in your 1 millimeter "shorty".
Yeah! Har, har, har....that was funny, Ed. Good one.

I think you're right. If you ask me, he's probably exaggerating the size of his shorty, his SAT/ACT scores, AND his GPA. You know how big talkers are.

Keep it coming, Red Tide. Keep it coming. You must have my team confused with yours....we are "Search and Destroy", not "Catch and Release". But that's OK, you just keep on taulkin'.

By the way, you don't see me there, because I don't need to be running around Bayport. I'll just see you there on April 17...OK?
Old 01-08-2004, 11:06 PM   #13
Ed Walker

You know, this thread went way off track from its original intention.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #14
Red Tide

"Revenge of the Dragon Lady" .............This could be the title of a new book. I will have to let Mr. Seagrave know.
For someone who's half baked team consists of one excellent capitan, and a dyslexic hybrid she woman, you sure have alot of confidence. Just remember, when the metal meets the meat, and the meat meats the fiberglass, we can compare G.P.A. s, test scores, legnth and girth, or any other componet of success that turns you on.
Speaking of success, I would like to collect on my trip to Hawaii. I think March 9th would be a good time for me.
I have to agree with Capitan Ed. This thread got way off track. We can resume it on April 17th at about 7:30 A.M., that is of course if your lame ass team even shows up.
Le desearia buena suerte, pero yo no pienso que usted sabria que hacer con el si usted lo tenia.

Fin

I think I would like to collect on my plane ticket to Hawaii

Last edited by Red Tide; 01-09-2004 at 09:15 AM.
Red Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #15
Sheri
So Little Time

Well, my goodness. I will say one thing for the Red Tide team....you sure do know how to talk up a storm! You know, you guys are definite favorites for States. You have YEARS of experience in freediving, a commercial guy on your team, local knowledge......and who's your third member, by the way? Didn't you say he is the equivalent of an Olympic athlete?

You have nothing to worry about. We have a fisherman, a scuba dude, and a "girl" on our team. Our freediving experience is measured in months, not years. Ed and I are candy asses when it comes to cold water. I wouldn't waste any more time even talking to us, but hey.....if it makes you feel good, keep going! Yack, yack, yack.....blah, blah, blah.....

Love you guys.....can't wait to see you.

(Speaking of cold water....I don't remember seeing any of you in Rhode Island. Or maybe that's cause I couldn't see you through the 3 foot viz....were you there?)

Last edited by Sheri; 01-10-2004 at 11:42 PM.