Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Video and Photo Gear

All About Video and Photo Gear This section is for your video and photography gear questions, comments, and experiences

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
purepursuit

Re: What is the Best microSD card for the Gopro 3 Black Edition?

I didn't have the time to even attempt an RMA (well at least I wasn't willing to make the time). I just bought the lexar and it works great.
purepursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
laingfish

i had alot of issues with my gopro doing the same thing as yours the first few months and lost alot of good footage, the reason for it was i brought a cheap class 10 SD card. so i decided finally after losing a whole lot of good footage to buy a sandisk, i had other issues with the sandisk so i contacted them and they replaced it almost no questions asked, this was a simple easy process through them and now i have had no issues what so ever with the new card so for me if i were going to buy a new card it would be a sandisk
laingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #18
Tylure

needs to be the "Extreame" scandisk SDXC 64 micro or the scandisk SDHC 32 micro. DO NOT BUY THE Scandisk "Ultra" SDXC 64 micro...it blows (For the HERO 3 black)!!!
It looks like the updated GoPro firmwhere specifically singles out scandisk memory cards based on complaints (rather confusion between the difference of "Ultra" and "extreame" cards. I think another brand may work better to get the most out of the gopro hero 3 black edition
Tylure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #19
AlexbeeintheUK

Tylure you are absolutely correct. GoPro have now said that for their Black edition cameras you really need to be using the 'Extreme' version of SanDisk cards - especially if you want to be using the higher FPS settings or things like ProTune.
I havent had any dealings with other brands of cards so cant really comment but i am sure Samsung will have an 'Extreme' equivalent which may be slightly cheaper
AlexbeeintheUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 PM   #20
campione

The Black Hero 3 can do 1080p at 60fps, which records files at least 7MB/sec. So you definitely need the Sandisk Extreme. It can write up to 50MB/sec.
The write speed of the Sandisk Ultra is up to 9.5MB/sec.
Typically for my Silver H3, I use 960p at 48fps, thus around 2MB/sec, and so the Ultra has been OK so far for me.
campione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #21
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexbeeintheUK View Post

Brother-in-law has the Samsung in his iPhone and says its not as good as his SanDisk that he used to have -.
iPhone's dont have an sd card slot. If your friends phone does, then it's not an iphone
kwtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #22
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Are there any places in south florida that stock these types of items. I am headed up to sebastian for work and need to get a few of these 64 gb or half a dozen 32gb cards for the GP3 black. Thanks
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 AM   #23
pernicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
Are there any places in south florida that stock these types of items. I am headed up to sebastian for work and need to get a few of these 64 gb or half a dozen 32gb cards for the GP3 black. Thanks
Amazon prime with next day delivery!

or Best Buy but that's top price!

---Dive Safe---
pernicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #24
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Smile Re: What is the Best microSD card for the Gopro 3 Black Edition?

Quote:
Tony, I second the Best Buy superstores ad well as some of the dive stores. Online buying is another good option. I personally have been using the 64gb micro cards from SanDisk for 2 hero black 3+ cameras and had no issues. I did have a problem with the hero 3 black camera I have, but it was resolved by formatting the card in my notebook's SDXC slot using Windows 8. If you are going through Palm Beach County in the mid-day, lets have lunch.

Tony

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #25
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Thanks perincia and tony. Tony, Is your the ultra card or the extreme variant?. Of the interweb searching I've found that the 32gb cards seems to have the least amount of issues when compared to the 64. I was going to do the amazon prime route but went to a few stores in kw and got lucky. radio shack actually had both 32 and 64.. got 6 32gb extreme from Sandisk...they might have had a 64 but I was somewhat skeptical of buying it. I might go back tomorrow and pick it up, but well see how the 32gb ones do today. Gunna need at least 2-300 gb of storage for this single camera over the next week so I need something that is reliable and hassle free. I have a box of batteries for it too.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Well damn, i THOUGHT i got 6 extreme micro sd's, but what i really got was ultras....good thing kept the receipt..
Old 10-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
SpearMax
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Well damn, i THOUGHT i got 6 extreme micro sd's, but what i really got was ultras....good thing kept the receipt..
http://www.sandisk.com/consumer/segments/

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find 'tomorrow' on the calendars of fools.”

---- Success Unlimited Author Og Mandino b.1923 - d.1996
SpearMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #28
kwtony
Snorkel Master

Managed to escape and did two tanks today, all footage...gone. Ahhwell...live and learn. Thank baby Jesus I tested these turds out first.