Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Florida East Coast Spearfishing

Florida East Coast Spearfishing Let's talk here about spearing on Florida's Atlantic coast. Reports and other issues about this region belong here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
blaze d

Ft. Lauderdale Spearos

I want to put a thread together so that other guys in the area can share stories, tips, and trip plans. My buddy and I have been diving a lot out of Dania beach and Hollywood and we try to go out every weekend to the 1st and 2nd reef in the yak. We have been having great luck with the hogs, mangrove, and shot my first mutton last weekend! So hit me up if anyone wants to tag along or put a trip together. Happy hunting!

-blaze
blaze d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 04:42 PM   #2
agualtieri

Re: Ft. Lauderdale Spearos

I dive in the pompano/sunrise area. I'd love to start diving with some new people. I have a yak too. I generally have Monday Tuesday off so those days work best for me.
agualtieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #3
ouri

I leave in weston and dive the fll area. I need at least one person to help me set up and clean at my house. Boat is good for 4. Txt me at 954-274-2274. Week days are better for me.
ouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
blaze d

Went out this morning in dania. viz at the first and second reef was pretty good once the sun came out from behind the clouds. wind wasn't too bad 5-10 knots with 1 foot swells so pretty ideal conditions. tons of moon jellies in the water and bait was all over the place. we saw some small grouper and hogs and I missed a nice mutton. but we ended up coming home with a trigger fish and saw another kayaker out there limit on lobster. so there is def. fish to be had. how'd everybody else do?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #5
agualtieri

That's awesome! Except for missing that mutton. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow or Tuesday. Looking to hop on a boat if anyone wants to go. I'll chip in with gas. If not I'll take out my yak.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #6
ouri

Agualtieri PM sent
ouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #7
Weapon X

sub'd. I do pompano mostly but have gun, will travel.
Weapon X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:32 PM   #8
Sooner-4-Life

I go off fort lauderdale beach... I actually want to go out 2morrow morning if anyone is down.. I can get on my kayak or hop on your boat. I'm down for whatever.. Hit me up 954-621-5647 name is Jason
Sooner-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #9
agualtieri

I went out yesterday out of Hillsboro Inlet on a friends boat. The vis was pretty bad, maybe 10ft or so. I couldn't see the reef that was 25ft down. Came back empty handed. Still better than any day in the office.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #10
Sooner-4-Life

Went out today off Ft. Luderdale on my kayak... Vis wasn't that great went out to the second reef and hit a nice hog and 2 spanish macks...
Sooner-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
blaze d

Sooner not a bad day last week! Did anyone go out this weekend? I couldn't but saw we had offshore winds. I'm def. going to go out either sat/sun this week.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #12
Scott Rapp

Send a message via AIM to Scott Rapp

I go off Ft.Lauderdlae during the week but it's been tough since they started construction north of Sunrise. I've been going of Vista View. I usually try and get out m/w/f if the weather is good. Hope to get out next week weather permitting. Hey Sooner 4 Life does the name mean what I think. If so Boomer!!!
Scott Rapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #13
Runngo
Drums 'n' Divin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by agualtieri View Post
I went out yesterday out of Hillsboro Inlet on a friends boat. The vis was pretty bad, maybe 10ft or so. I couldn't see the reef that was 25ft down. Came back empty handed. Still better than any day in the office.
The reefs near Hills. aren't that great until you get further out, and the good stuff is normally 80ft, where I fish rod and reel. I'm part of a boat club in Ft. Lauderdale and Hillsborough, when I get back down there I"ll hit you up maybe a few of us can go...I"m DYING to find safe partners to go spearing with!
Runngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:14 PM   #14
Runngo
Drums 'n' Divin'

Just sending this out to send some feelers out there. I love this new thread, right up my alley! I don't get back into town until later in the fall, closer to November. However I have a very flexible schedule with many weekdays off, so I am hoping to go out with some new buddies and do some safe spearing soon!
Runngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 04:35 PM   #15
agualtieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runngo View Post
The reefs near Hills. aren't that great until you get further out, and the good stuff is normally 80ft, where I fish rod and reel. I'm part of a boat club in Ft. Lauderdale and Hillsborough, when I get back down there I"ll hit you up maybe a few of us can go...I"m DYING to find safe partners to go spearing with!

Yeah we tried out towards the deeper stuff. Started at the reefs at about 60+ and moved in shore. The other guys I was with are normally tank divers and couldn't go that deep. Anyone go out this weekend? I might try on Monday to go off my yak