Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #16
wjnelson

Re: Can a Change in Diet Improve How You Feel During and Post Dive?

9lbs in 7days is not good! it is to much to fast! it is probably most likely water weight. according to the American Collage of Sports Medicine you should not louse more than 3lbs a week. also proper carbohydrates are necessary to maintain glycogen stores, so don't cut them out completely. for every pound of glycogen you body stores two pounds of water, also a inportant component in health. you should make at least half of your grains whole grains, eat low sodium, and low fat. i personally try to eat a whole food diet, nothing refined or processed, mostly raw vegetables. also try making your self a fruit smoothie in the morning it will help with the detox, lots of antioxidants and vitamins.
also exercise will help your body composition and efficiency, this will help you feel better during your dives.
wjnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #17
Spearo Kev

p 90x!!
great exercise and diet
Old 05-06-2010, 06:54 PM   #18
prime8

ok, here it goes, I am curious if others have felt what I have, I went for a dive, and I guess I was gassed up inside, it was soooo ugly. Any suggestions of foods to keep from having that happen ever again? I had heartburn, and what felt like intestinal gas, but it wouldn't come out either burps or farts, so weird, lol.
Thanks for any help.
Kelsy
prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #19
striperSharkz

i power load with carbs from spegetti and alfrado suace /w fish for protien the nite before ...
then a bowl of oat meal and PJ sandwiches the day of... i'm skinny and sink in the water
skin diving..... compared to my brother in law whos chunky and strugles to dive without weights.....i also live at 7500' elv. and when i go to sea lv can hold my breath & endurance up... drink water lots of it