Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Texas Gulf Coast

Texas Gulf Coast The Gulf Coast of the great state of Texas all the way from its border with Louisiana to Mexico is represented here

Old 09-23-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
Mako Mike
Underwater Point & Click

Talking 9-22 / 9-23 Tequila & Sunrise overnighter

Made the long haul in the Slapshot to Tequila Sat/Sun... It is a different feeling with a AJ hanging off the end of the spear knowing there is 550' of blue stuff beneath him. Took 2 AJ on Tequila (35lbs & 20lbs), and one on Sunrise (15lbs).

Tequila was holding plenty of AJ, I chose to leave the monster that was checking me out alone, I have lost too many spears this season, didn't feel like letting another one go because my eyes were bigger than my flippers.

Sunrise rig was friggin covered up in Sharks to about 5'. Rod & Reel wise, the crew decimated the shark population. They did manage a few Beeliners, one went to about 5lbs.

Everyone on the friggin boat forgot their cameras, so pics only if/when the owner sends them to us. Gave him all the fish, he'll send pics later.

Water was Flat like a mofo, both out, at night, and in. It was a great day to be alive that's for sure!
Mako Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
los mentirosos
Dave Mote

Re: 9-22 / 9-23 Tequila & Sunrise overnighter

Looks like the the gulf was nice to all of us this weekend. We even had a 19' shoalwater show up 26 miles out at the rig we were diving. Glad everyone enjoyed it. Maybe a few weekends still to come. Soon enough she'll turn into an ugly bi@tch, with the northers coming down on thursday or friday like clockwork.