Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 AM   #1
naisan

quick review: omer umberto pellizari up-m1 mask

About 4 months ago I purchased the Omer Umberto Pellizari UP-M1 Mask. They make two versions, one with carbon fiber, and since I can't think of any reason to need carbon fiber in my mask, I skipped the expense.

The volume for this mask is really low. In a recent shootout of six masks, this one was about on par with the lowest volume masks at around 92ml. For more info please check out the reviews on apnea passion here: http://www.apneapassion.com/en/attre...p-m1-mask.html

Here is a link to the other tests they did: http://www.apneapassion.com/en/attre...uper-test.html.

But the real reason I got this mask is that I wear prescriptions and I still wanted a simple and cheap way to get prescription lenses. That means mass-produced corrective lenses (think $20 for each lens), rather than bonded or custom lenses.

While this omer UP-M1 and the cressi nano both have separate non-glued frames, I tried to find lenses for the cressi but could not. But I did find lenses for the UP-M1 for $22 each, and the mask for another $26. Unfortunately I could not find one sponsor here that listed them, and in fact I only found one place on the web, a store out of spain that lists them as "progressive lens UP-M1" - I would link to them, but I don't know if that's allowed here.

After getting the mask, I popped off the retaining plastic pieces, placed the new lenses inside the skirt, and after a few tries, clipped the whole thing back together again.

The mask is great - no leaks, haven't had to worry about equalizing to 50 FSW, and is comfortable. Field of view is big, and I find that with a little spit I get no fogging at all.

Hope this helps those looking for a low volume prescription set.
naisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #2
Coos-spearo

Re: quick review: omer umberto pellizari up-m1 mask

I also have the Omer UP-M1 mask. Are the lenses bifocals or is the entire lense magnified? Also, is the number associated with each lense the magnification rating?

Thank you
Coos-spearo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:02 AM   #3
naisan

Re: quick review: omer umberto pellizari up-m1 mask

The entire lens is corrected, and the number is the power.
naisan is offline   Reply With Quote