Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 AM   #1
DarthVader

Question Dive Buddies

What's happenin fellas. I recently moved to Ventura and am looking to partner up with some spearos out here that wouldn't mind showing me the ropes a bit. I am new to spearfishing but am a quick and eager learner. Wondering about shore dives here and where we can go and what we can take. Just want to pick your brain a bit. Appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing from you. Justin. 612.804.0913.
DarthVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Attila

Re: Dive Buddies

Hi! I am living around Los Angeles, but I Love spearfishing. We usually go to Channel Islands - Santa Cruz (3 day camping cost about $200 per person) or Santa Barbara (1 day boat trip from Marina Del Ray ~$150). I am looking for friends up North. Holding breath is not my strong point, but I am happy to spend 6-8 hours in the water, so usually I find the fish. We did some lobster diving in November - found the spot, but my buddies are whiners and none of them spearfish. Sometimes I am up at Ventura County Line. Attila 626-634-8203
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
Spearo_beero

Re: Dive Buddies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila View Post
Hi! I am living around Los Angeles, but I Love spearfishing. We usually go to Channel Islands - Santa Cruz (3 day camping cost about $200 per person) or Santa Barbara (1 day boat trip from Marina Del Ray ~$150). I am looking for friends up North. Holding breath is not my strong point, but I am happy to spend 6-8 hours in the water, so usually I find the fish. We did some lobster diving in November - found the spot, but my buddies are whiners and none of them spearfish. Sometimes I am up at Ventura County Line. Attila 626-634-8203
I live in the IE. Me and some friends hit our shores whenever the conditions are good. Holding our breath is not our strong point either but we are getting better. Planning on diving this monday if you are interested let me know.
Spearo_beero is offline   Reply With Quote