Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 08-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #1
seal77

More about the inverted polispast rollers

Hi,guys,
I played a little in a pool with my favourite 110 platform.Its a small two banded gun with only 135 sm by 8 mm shaft.Performance is the same like a perfectly set heavy classic 3 banded gun 130 with 160 sm shaft and turbo high ergonomic handle.Some people may keep oposite opinion,but I cant argue with the facts.And I make these guns to hunt with them first,not to make discussions...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejUn4HIN_wA

Last edited by seal77; 08-16-2017 at 07:02 PM.
seal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:12 AM   #2
apeogre

Re: More about the inverted polispast rollers

Great video. I love those poliplast guns. I have a question about the penetration. On some of the shots there was much more penetration than others. Do you think this was due to the foam or due to slight shift in the gun during firing. There's almost no recoil which is great, but still a tiny bit of left shift. Absolute killer gun and design. Thanks!
apeogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:14 AM   #3
apeogre

Do you have an Instagram account? I would love to see all the great guns you make. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:19 AM   #4
seal77

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeogre View Post
Great video. I love those poliplast guns. I have a question about the penetration. On some of the shots there was much more penetration than others. Do you think this was due to the foam or due to slight shift in the gun during firing. There's almost no recoil which is great, but still a tiny bit of left shift. Absolute killer gun and design. Thanks!
I wouldnt say there is any shift at that distance,its a speargun after all,not a rifflescope.My target was just to hit the black circle,I dont pretend I have miracle shooting skills.May be somebody else would do it better)))
The shooting position is not always perfect 90 degrees to the target,I suppose thats the reason for different penetration,but totaly it was not so different.And these was many serial shots with similar result,as you can see there are no holes out of the black circle.
The foam is 42 kg/m3,thats quite dense XPS,and everybody knows that a two barbed shaft has a little less penetration,especially so short.So it was a challenge)))
Old 08-17-2017, 03:21 AM   #5
seal77

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeogre View Post
Do you have an Instagram account? I would love to see all the great guns you make. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the only one.
I dont use instagram a lot but you can see some in my Facebook and Youtube
Old 08-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #6
Behslayer

Wow. Great Power in that little package. What is the total length of that gun? Excellent work Seal to make every part of that gun by hand, and.. the design. Excellent work.
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #7
deanmc
FII Professional

Really impressive. I love how little recoil there is and the fact that there's so much power on such a small platform.
deanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
Behslayer

amazing how little response you get here Seal. I mean a guy builds a gun from dust. he builds the Mech by hand. he develops a design. etc. etc. etc. etc. He goes out and sources the exact materials used in other tests to measure performance. And crushes it. Clearly demonstrating an increase in performance over other platforms at the same size.

But I guess that's not interesting.
Old 08-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #9
kodama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behslayer View Post
amazing how little response you get here Seal. I mean a guy builds a gun from dust. he builds the Mech by hand. he develops a design. etc. etc. etc. etc. He goes out and sources the exact materials used in other tests to measure performance. And crushes it. Clearly demonstrating an increase in performance over other platforms at the same size.

I am impressed for sure. To be honest I am waiting when your guns will become available to the public. I have been following every post of Seal on this forum and although there is often a lot of skepticism I am sure he is pushing the boundaries. Keep it up. +100%

Sent from the abyss
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:39 PM   #10
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

great looking gun. You make some very nice rollerguns!

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 08-20-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #11
Impaler Spearguns
Sponsor

Quote:

from where I am sitting - spearboard has slowed down quite a bit. There are the usual 20 or 30 posters and that's it.
the politics section has 50 posts an hour but the sections I peruse (all about guns and general discussion) seem to just die out lately.
But heck - if you want to argue with the resident Trump supporters and white supremacist internet trolls - you will get 3 responses in minutes - some of them pages long.

But somehow I doubt that's why the traffic has slowed.

Last edited by Impaler Spearguns; 08-20-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Impaler Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #12
Behslayer

hmmmmm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spearwars-silenced.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	234935  
Old 08-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #13
z1taz
Blue Water Killer

Send a message via Skype™ to z1taz

Quote:

yes and we wait to receive the dedicate shaft to test the gun on big fishes !

z1taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 11:32 PM   #14
lagfish

For penetration comparison to Majd's tests, he is using 15cm 38kg/m3 XPS while you are using 15cm 42kg/m3. Let's do a penetration comparison of the two best classic guns Majd's tested, the Oceanborn 125 and Albacore 130, all at distance of 6m from the tip of the spear:

Oceanborn with 2 bands:
Albacore 130 (170cm 8.5mm full bore single flopper with cone)

Oceanborn 125 (160cm 8mm full bore single flopper no cone)

Seal 110 Roller (135cm 8mm double recessed flopper with cone)

So I would say that the penetration performance of your 110 Roller is somewhere in between the Oceanborn 125 with two bands and the Albacore 130 with three bands. Difficult to say exactly where because of the different shaft configurations and density of foam used, but I think closer to the 2 band Oceanbore than the Albacore 130.

However:
there seems to be a significant reduction in recoil with the inverted gun.
The length of shaft you used is also 25cm-35cm shorter which is significant.

So based on this latest video I would conclude that the polispast roller platform up to a length of 110 is capable of significantly reducing the recoil and length for the same power vs. a classic setup.

What is the gun length and weight with shaft of your roller gun?
lagfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:19 AM   #15
apeogre

Lagfish, thanks for the references. Shows how bad ass that gun is. I got to see in person one of seals 130 rollers a few years ago at it was an absolute work of art.