Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Off-Topic

California Off-Topic Remember that politics/religion and general off-topic belong in Special Forums.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #46
waterwise

Re: weed

Cannabis in the state of California is legal.

I don't understand your aim.

Is walking around with an open beer in public legal? Does that make beer illegal in general?

Is driving a car legal? ...oh wait, might not have a licence... Yup, that would make it illegal.

Cannabis in the state of California is legal to individuals of whom it's deemed legal. Just like anything else that requires regulation. No one can practice medicine without a licence, but does that make the act of practicing medicine illegal?

For me, and many many many many others, cannabis in the state of California is legal. Just because it may not be legal for you, does not make it illegal in general. You are confusing what might be legal for you personally vs what is legal overall.
waterwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #47
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

I knew there were a bunch of Idiots on this board and this thread is doing a great job of separating out you guys. Do you know how many underage teenagers read these things. Oh yeah and wasnt there a kid whose parents is on the fence about letting him get into the sport. And you guys want to beat your chests about role models and such. And here you go supporting illegal drug activities. Oh sure let that kid's mom and dad read all this.....

haaaaaaaaaaa this thread really is funny. The attitude you drug proponents have for life is pathetic.

Last time I checked our country of residence is the United States and such it is illegal.
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #48
FreedivinFool
Dane

I knew this thread would turn into a good one

www.youtube.com/spearriffe
FreedivinFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #49
phil herranen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
last I checked marijuana was legal in cali and in 13 other states. .
it might be legal in ca, but it is illegal by fed law ,so it kind of like your parents letting you drink at home just because they let you do it dosent really mater since the law says no and they dont have the authority to say it is ok . and just so you know coast guard fallows fed law if you have pot on the boat there is zero tolerance , your card is just useless paper

frv owners discount http://spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=134606
phil herranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #50
CaptainLeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwise View Post
Cannabis in the state of California is legal.

I don't understand your aim.

Is walking around with an open beer in public legal? Does that make beer illegal in general?

Is driving a car legal? ...oh wait, might not have a licence... Yup, that would make it illegal.

Cannabis in the state of California is legal to individuals of whom it's deemed legal. Just like anything else that requires regulation. No one can practice medicine without a licence, but does that make the act of practicing medicine illegal?

For me, and many many many many others, cannabis in the state of California is legal. Just because it may not be legal for you, does not make it illegal in general. You are confusing what might be legal for you personally vs what is legal overall.
I get where you're coming from and I'm not even disagreeing with you, but when you say something is legal, most people will perceive that as, "cool, it's legal to smoke pot". What I was saying was it was legal as long as you have been recommended by a doctor and had the card to get it from a dispensary. Anyway, that's all I was referring to was the legality of it without a card. 2 of my brothers have their cards, even though I don't agree with them for having them, they still have them legally.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:11 PM   #51
waterwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fishin2 View Post
I knew there were a bunch of Idiots on this board and this thread is doing a great job of separating out you guys.
This coming from someone who resorts to ad hominem attacks to boost his own self esteem... You only show your own colors....

Quote:
Do you know how many underage teenagers read these things. Oh yeah and wasnt there a kid whose parents is on the fence about letting him get into the sport.
Who cares? I am indifferent as to who does and does not spear fish. If they are old enough to consider doing this, then they likely have already been introduced and have made up their minds. Please... don't even bother with the whole "what about the children" business... It's just sad.

Quote:
And you guys want to beat your chests about role models and such.
I'm certainly not doing this, and you are arguing with me right now. You wanna try to stay on topic? When people need to move off topic to keep an argument alive, its a sure sign of someone with no clue.

Quote:
haaaaaaaaaaa this thread really is funny. The attitude you drug proponents have for life is pathetic.
The only question I have for you is, why are you so insistent on being a prick? You want to talk about role models... why not act like one and be a well reasoned and calm individual. Instead all your capable of is launching personal statements that have no merit whatsoever. You are by far a worse role model, look at your statements. Do you want kids walking around calling everyone they disagree with idiots? OR would you like them to be reasoned thinking individuals?

Quote:
Last time I checked our country of residence is the United States and such it is illegal.
Yes, so what. Nationally its illegal, a schedule one. Does it belong there, no, but I'm sure that such a reasonable individual such as yourself would understand why it doesn't belong as a schedule one.

In the state of California, its legal. Deal with it.. if you don't like it move to one of the other states that don't have medical marijuana laws on the books. There are about 14 currently with more on the way after November.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #52
32Juan
RIP Bird Rock (∞-1/1/12)

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #53
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

im being a prick (actually just acting like a normal no dope smoking sober individual does) because im talking to idiots like you who think its ok to teach children to smoke pot. dont hide behind the word "indifferent" its the same.

Medical Marijuana is just a crutch for dopers to find a way to get their fix "legally" or so they think. not fooling me with the lies.

"So what" is the attitude you have towards our country's laws? That statement tells alot about you being one of the idiots I loathe so much in this thread.

Still the answer to the original question is HELL NO do I want a dope smoking idiot diving with me!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #54
waterwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLeo View Post
I get where you're coming from and I'm not even disagreeing with you, but when you say something is legal, most people will perceive that as, "cool, it's legal to smoke pot". What I was saying was it was legal as long as you have been recommended by a doctor and had the card to get it from a dispensary. Anyway, that's all I was referring to was the legality of it without a card. 2 of my brothers have their cards, even though I don't agree with them for having them, they still have them legally.
Yea, indeed. Clarification is always nice.. and yes, marijuana exists in a gray zone of legality. The supreme court of the U.S. is hearing oral arguments this month as pertaining to the legitimacy of the scheduling class of cannabis. Hopefully, a rescheduling will occur. If not, it still matters not. A few states have total recreational legalization initiatives on the state ballots this year. Hopefully one will pass which will give the feds a whole new target. Cannabis will be completely legal on a wide scale eventually. It will happen. How quickly is an unknown unknown.

I have an injury in my shoulder that can really get at me if I use my shoulder too much. I surf, and I free dive, so my shoulder is in play routinely. Cannabis helps, and it won't give me ulcers like Advil will over time. I use it according to the law. The nuance comes in asking whether or not I should use cannabis, or if I should just use an OTC like Advil. Both work, so why should we have cannabis? I think you know my stand on that.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #55
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterwise View Post
Yea, indeed. Clarification is always nice.. and yes, marijuana exists in a gray zone of legality. The supreme court of the U.S. is hearing oral arguments this month as pertaining to the legitimacy of the scheduling class of cannabis. Hopefully, a rescheduling will occur. If not, it still matters not. A few states have total recreational legalization initiatives on the state ballots this year. Hopefully one will pass which will give the feds a whole new target. Cannabis will be completely legal on a wide scale eventually. It will happen. How quickly is an unknown unknown.

I have an injury in my shoulder that can really get at me if I use my shoulder too much. I surf, and I free dive, so my shoulder is in play routinely. Cannabis helps, and it won't give me ulcers like Advil will over time. I use it according to the law. The nuance comes in asking whether or not I should use cannabis, or if I should just use an OTC like Advil. Both work, so why should we have cannabis? I think you know my stand on that.
"I have an injury in my shoulder" Oh please MF woas me, woas me! I must have pot because it hurts so much oh STFU with this crap. Exactly like I said people like you using it as a crutch to get high anytime you want. Just go out and find a corrupt doctor to write a prescription and there you have it.

Let me ask you something....do you think any, I mean any of the soldiers returning from the middle east with severe traumatic injuries, loss of limbs etc (I can assume you understand what I am talking about) will be prescribed pot as a pain killer? Hell no they won't!

Dude give us all a break your argument is exactly the reason why pot isnt and will never be legal!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #56
waterwise

I see you clutch to your ad hominem like it was going out of style. Do you actually have anything useful to say?

Quote:
im being a prick (actually just acting like a normal no dope smoking sober individual does) because im talking to idiots like you who think its ok to teach children to smoke pot. dont hide behind the word "indifferent" its the same.
No one is teaching children anything. If they read this, well, they read it.. but no one is "teaching" anything. And IF teaching is occurring, then you are just as poor of a teacher by resorting to personal attacks rather than actually trying to intellectually engage someone.

Quote:
Medical Marijuana is just a crutch for dopers to find a way to get their fix "legally" or so they think. not fooling me with the lies.
Actually its not. Likewise, it just shows how cold and callous you can be. People all across the U.S. could benefit greatly from marijuana. In many instances in many disease types cannabis aids more than or equal to other methods proposed my medical science. Again, you are clueless. You are the most ill-informed individual that I have come across in many years. It treats asthma, did you know that? My guess is not... Rather, you think that the sick and dying, such as those who have cancer and aids who choose to use cannabis, well, you think that they are just losers. You are such a warm and caring person. I can totally see why you are so worried about the kids...

Quote:
"So what" is the attitude you have towards our country's laws? That statement tells alot about you being one of the idiots I loathe so much in this thread.
yes. SO WHAT? You are assuming that all laws of the country are there for the utmost moral reasons, and that no law can be a violation of any individuals personal liberties. I think that history alone shows your lack of understanding of this country's law's. Again, you show yourself to be about as clueless as an individual can be.

Quote:
Still the answer to the original question is HELL NO do I want a dope smoking idiot diving with me!
Then don't and keep it to yourself. You don't need to prick up a thread just because you have a personal uninformed opinion on the world. No one gaf what you think about it, so... keep it to yourself.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #57
waterwise

Quote:
"I have an injury in my shoulder" Oh please MF woas me, woas me! I must have pot because it hurts so much oh STFU with this crap. Exactly like I said people like you using it as a crutch to get high anytime you want. Just go out and find a corrupt doctor to write a prescription and there you have it.
Its my personal choice. But thanks for the attack out of no where by someone who counts as much as a pile of dog shit on a warm asphalt surface.

Quote:
Let me ask you something....do you think any, I mean any of the soldiers returning from the middle east with severe traumatic injuries, loss of limbs etc (I can assume you understand what I am talking about) will be prescribed pot as a pain killer? Hell no they won't!
Again, you have not a clue one. Marijuana is very very useful in treating these individuals. Many service people use marijuana, you would know this if you knew what you were talking about though. PTSD comes to mind immediately...

Quote:
Dude give us all a break your argument is exactly the reason why pot isnt and will never be legal!
nice uninformed opinion there.

You are asinine.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #58
Waiting2Exhale
.....born upon the tide

Quote:
I knew there were a bunch of Idiots on this board and this thread is doing a great job of separating out you guys. Do you know how many underage teenagers read these things. Oh yeah and wasnt there a kid whose parents is on the fence about letting him get into the sport. And you guys want to beat your chests about role models and such. And here you go supporting illegal drug activities. Oh sure let that kid's mom and dad read all this.....

Dude you write some of the dumbest shit Ive ever heard. Where do you see anyone on here encouraging children to smoke weed????? You obviously dont have a clue about the stuff so why keep trying to get a rise out of everyone???

My guess???? Your bored becuase its cold or something and you cant get out of the house so lets pick on the "dopers".......or is it the fact that your 50 year old balls have finally tripled the length of your already small penis and you need to feel better about yourself so you come on this thread and spill your bs all over the place like your similarly flacid money-shot.

Dont worry about anyone on here inviting you to do a damn thing. I wouldnt want you or your old balls anywhere near my gear......gross

Lucky Jack - .......The Surprise is not old; no one would call her old. She has a bluff bow, lovely lines. She's a fine seaboat: weatherly, stiff and fast, very fast, if she's well handled. No, she's not old; she's in her prime.
Waiting2Exhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #59
Freedive4life
Living the life

Referring to the "It's Legal in CA" statements, you guys have no clue what you're talking about if you believe that. It is ILLEGAL in any form because FEDERAL LAW SUPERSEDES STATE LAW. When you got your grow operation set up in your backyard or you got a nice hydro setup going in your guest room at your house, just remember DEA agents wipe their asses with your prescription because its not shit to them.

Based on that information, I'd like to say that it should be available to those who need it for medical needs.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #60
mx5coco

2fishin2, you would have legitimate points if your statements werent clouded with name calling and exagerations. im willing to see through the imature little jabs amongst your point and say i respect your opinion, however, i disagree and i find you to be an asshole sir
mx5coco is offline   Reply With Quote