Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 05-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
David Lysy

Any spearos in the Washington, DC area? I'm sometimes in RI.

I'm 20-year hard whitewater kayaking veteran who is new to spearfishing. But am well versed in underwater breath hold in harsh conditions given the whitewater background.

I'm well geared up at this point for freediving with a polespear (to start) in cold East Coast waters. My wife is from RI and the inlaws are still there (Narragansett), so I'm looking forward to being able to dive there year round. As such, I'm sporting a 7mm open-cell suit as a result. Sure to be warmer than whitewater kayaking in NH in winter used to be. I'll be diving in RI during holidays and other visits to the inlaws with the wife and kids.

I live and work in Washington, DC and am trying to track down any spearos in the area. I haven't been able to locate a spear club that covers DC. Closest thing I've found so far is in VA Beach (3.5 hours away).

If you're in the area and want to get out on the water, please contact me.

Cheers,
david

PS: I'm 38 years old, work in emergency management/disaster response at the federal level, and am an avid human-powered recreationalist (e.g., backcountry tele skiing; mountaineering, rock, and ice climbing; whitewater kayaking, etc.).
David Lysy is offline   Reply With Quote