Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
charnut963

New England Spearos looking in-shore help

SD Spearos,
My buddy and I are heading to SD for an offshore tuna charter 8/16/18 and I'm looking for a local hookup to help us get the perfect shore dive experience on Aug 17 and/or 18. We are experienced new england spearos so we're used to cold water & crappy vis.

I've connected with a few folks and talked to a few shops, La Jolla sounds like the go to choice but possibly too much so (fishing pressure?) and I'm not keen on swimming a half mile out without a local or a kayak. Called a kayak company and they said they wouldn't allow the kayak out past la jolla cove.

I'd be more than willing to buy a case of beer, dinner, or simply throw some money to any experienced local who could set us up with kayaks for the day and/or dive with us as a local buddy, be it at La Jolla or anywhere else nearby. We will dive there once in our lives so any secret spots you may have will stay sworn to secrecy and not fished by us again.

Please let me know...thanks!
charnut963 is offline   Reply With Quote