Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing > California Local Dive Shops and Services

California Local Dive Shops and Services This area is reserved for California LocalDive Shops and other Service Providers who are sponsors of Spearboard. They may promote their upcoming sales and product offerings here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

Arrow Mobile Marine Mechanic (Updated)

I have made some changes for this year servicing others, Instead of the $80 for driving to your boat, I had went ahead and decided to do 50 cent a mile for Spearboarders. The Labor rate is now $80 an hour. Best Regards! Here's the rate sheet for most common engines:

(For Labor cost) Parts are extra

Full Service for outboards are gear lube change, lower unit test for leaks, water impeller change, steering cable adjustment, grease all cables, (4 stroke only) Oil & Oil filter change, Internal fuel filters change, grease prop shaft, power tune the carbs, Spark plugs R & R, inspect all wirings, check all system (horn, bilge pump, washdown pump, etc) and Battery voltage testing.

2 stroke outboard Full Service:

4 hours labor (275 hp to 150 hp) $320.00
3.5 hours labor (145 hp to 90 hp) $280.00
3 hours labor (85 hp to 1 hp) $240.00

4 stroke outboard Full Service:

5 hours labor (350 hp to 200 hp) $400.00
4.5 hours labor (195 hp to 90 hp) $360.00
4 hours labor (85 hp to 1 hp) $320.00

Block Service are Oil change, Oil filter R & R, Fuel filter R & R, Spark plugs R & R, Power tune the carbs, Grease (remote cable, shift cable, throttle cable, and steering cable), Clean flame arrestor, inspect engine for leaks, Distributor Cap and rotor R & R, and corrosion guard sprayed.

Marine block engine Service:

(OMC, Mercruiser, Crusader, Volvo Penta, Chrysler)
4 hours labor (8.2 to 5.0) $320.00
3.5 hours labor (4.7 to 2.3) $280.00

Drive Service for Mercruiser Marine block (Gasket R & R, Prop/U-joint spline grease, Gear lube change, check for leaks):

1 hours (Bravo drive) $80
1 hour (Alpha drive) $80, water impeller change $160 extra

Water impeller service for block, email me for more info.

Driving to your boat/house:

50 cent a mile

For other engines/drive service, email me at rayayusjr@yahoo.com or Text me at (619) 756-0972, please include the engine model and serial number.

If you have water/fuel separator or aftermarket items on the boat like Mallory electric conversion distributor (marine block), please let me know the part numbers for these as well.

Mercruiser, Evinrude, Crusader, Johnson, Volvo Penta, Mercury, OMC, Mariner, Force, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Tohatsu, Yanmar, PWC, and Jet drive are my specialty. For mobile service, e-mail me at RayAyusJr@yahoo.com or text me at 619-756-0972

Speardeals

Last edited by AquaHunter; 08-08-2010 at 09:45 PM.
AquaHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
Spearforfun

Re: Mobile Marine Mechanic (Updated)

Just wanted to share some info about Ray..... I bought an older model Sea Ray cuddy last year that was in pretty sorry shape. The engine ran and the hull was in good shape but that is about all I could say. Looking at BD and SB, I found all sorts of recommendations for Ray (Aquahunter). I decided to shoot him an email and see what he could do. What started as an engine tune-up and go-thru to identify potential problems became a six month overhaul of the boat. Ray identified all sorts of areas that needed attention over time. He was real up-front about what was actually necessary and what could be left for later and was just cosmetic. He has gone way above and beyond what I have asked/paid him for and has constantly impressed me with the quality of his work. Ray may take a little longer than some "slap it together with jb-weld" mechanics but it really pays off. His work is beautiful. A partial list of work that Ray has done for me:

-All new electrical wiring including new radar, new sounder, new gps, new lights, new wiring and fuses. As an older boat, mine was jurry rigged all over the place so I had him rip almost everything out and re-wire and add everything I wanted.
-New Lenco trim tabs with indicator
-new bilge pump
-custom bait tank configuration
-New carpeting/trim
-More engine work than I can name. Including a partial rebuild and repainting of both engine and outdrive. Lots of work on the exhaust/starter/tilt drive/clutch pack/steering/thermostat etc.... you name it and he has probably gone through it.

Here are some pictures of the boat and engine before/after. The best part.... Ray did all the work at my house. He has taught me a lot about boats/engines. Recently, he bought me a manual for my engine/outdrive just in case I had problems when he wasn't around. He has been a friend and has done his best to keep my frustrations to a minimum. If I ever sell the boat, I am going to recommend that the mechanic go with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	807
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	134236   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	780
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	134237   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	134238   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo4.jpg
Views:	843
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	134239  
Spearforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

She's looking sexy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG00261-20100722-1220.jpg
Views:	874
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	135061  

Mercruiser, Evinrude, Crusader, Johnson, Volvo Penta, Mercury, OMC, Mariner, Force, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Nissan, Tohatsu, Yanmar, PWC, and Jet drive are my specialty. For mobile service, e-mail me at RayAyusJr@yahoo.com or text me at 619-756-0972

Speardeals
Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
Bulit7

Yeah Ray!!!! Nice work!

Your prices aint bad either. Most mechanics charge travel time to jobsite 30-45 minutes avg.

Hop on this deal guys!!
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

bump, almost no work this month. Will work something out for SBers during winter months (trade labor for some gears and cash)

Speardeals
Old 11-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
Spearforfun

Bump for a good guy.......
Spearforfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #7
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

Bump

Speardeals
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

Bump

Speardeals
Old 06-03-2011, 04:25 PM   #9
benthosslayer

I have a 97 proline sportsman with a 96 Johnson 115hp outboard on it. Your prices seem right up my alley. Any idea of what you would charge to rebuild the carbs? The previous owner let the boat sit for years, and the gaskets on the float bowls are seeping through....thinking I'm getting air leaks...causing a bad fuel/air/oil mixture. Located in Temecula. Thanks so much for the help.
Chris
benthosslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

PM Sent

Speardeals
Old 06-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

My wife and I discussed this and we decided to drop back to the old rate for only Spearboaders. Hope this help all of us in time of bad economy.

(For Labor cost) Parts are extra

Full Service for outboards are gear lube change, lower unit test for leaks, water impeller change, steering cable adjustment, grease all cables, (4 stroke only) Oil & Oil filter change, Internal fuel filters change, grease prop shaft, power tune the carbs, Spark plugs R & R, Battery testing, and sync n' link.

2 stroke outboard Full Service:

4 hours labor (275 hp to 150 hp) $300.00
3.5 hours labor (145 hp to 90 hp) $262.50
3 hours labor (85 hp to 1 hp) $225.00

4 stroke outboard Full Service:

5 hours labor (350 hp to 200 hp) $375.00
4.5 hours labor (195 hp to 90 hp) $337.50
4 hours labor (85 hp to 1 hp) $300.00

Block Service are Oil change, Oil filter R & R, Fuel filter R & R, Spark plugs R & R, Power tune the carbs, Grease (remote cable, shift cable, throttle cable, and steering cable), Clean flame arrestor, inspect engine for leaks, Distributor Cap and rotor R & R, and corrosion guard sprayed.

Marine block engine Service:

4 hours labor (8.2 to 5.0) $300.00
3.5 hours labor (4.7 to 2.3) $262.50

Drive Service for Mercruiser Marine block (Gasket R & R, Prop/U-joint spline grease, Gear lube change, check for leaks):

1 hours (Bravo drive) $75
1 hour (Alpha drive) $75

Water impeller service for block, email me for more info.

Driving to your boat/house:

50 cent a mile

For other engines/drive service, email me at rayayusjr@yahoo.com or Text me at (619) 756-0972, please include the engine model and serial number.

If you have water/fuel separator or aftermarket items on the boat like Mallory electric conversion distributor (marine block), please let me know the part numbers for these as well.

Speardeals
Old 06-21-2011, 01:42 PM   #12
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

I'll be making a trip up to Santa Barbara on the 24th and back to San Diego on the 29th, please email me or text me if you want me to work on your boat.

Speardeals
Old 08-25-2011, 05:19 PM   #13
froycalmseas

Just hit ya up on the 302 swap. Found water in 2 cylinders and I think it would be to expensive to repair. I'm to the point that I want to remove and replace.
froycalmseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #14
AquaHunter
Ray Ayus, Jr.

Will be heading up soon to Santa Barbara for the last time til next year. Email or Text me.

Speardeals
Old 12-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
Holy Mackerel

Bump for Ray, he stopped by today, and serviced my outboard which was having trim problems. He took the time to show me what was not work and why, it was nice to see how things work. I'll definately be using him for service in the future, his rates are hard to beat.

Thanks again Ray!
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote