Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #1
blitzemall

Mitigating Risk For Complete Noob

I've had enough of watching all the amazing videos and have decided to make this the year I go beyond light snorkeling and have a go at some spearfishing.

Of course, with a family and a general desire to stay alive a bit longer, I'd like to stay safe as I begin this journey.

I plan to enroll in a FD course and follow all safety protocol including diving with companions.

But I see so much about SWB I can't help but feel a bit concerned about the odds as I move forward into deeper water.

So I've decided to keep it light and try to keep my dives shorter and shallower as a rule.

My question is: given the fact that I'm in good physical shape and intend to follow safety measures combined with the above, can this sport be made "safe" from SWB?
blitzemall is offline   Reply With Quote