Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2009 Tournament Archives > 2009 State Freedive Spearfishing Championship - April 10, 2009

2009 State Freedive Spearfishing Championship - April 10, 2009 Check here for information on this Florida west coast tourney.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Red Tide
Registered User
 
Red Tide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,223
Florida State Championship Results

This years tournament proved to be challenging in many ways. First the weather was on again off again all week. The forecast early in the week was something like 6 to 9 foot seas with 25 to 30 knot winds.
The day of the tournament was supposed to be 2 to 4 foot seas with winds dropping off to 10 to 15 knots throughout the day. Well the weatherman was wrong again and everbody experienced about double the forecast. The visability ranged from less than 1 foot to about 15 foot. The prime dive areas off Bayport had the worst visability while the deeper ledges and rock piles off Tarpon Springs had the best. A full moon with strong currents made free diving these deeper areas tough for everyone.
Everybody made it back safely to the dock for the 4 PM weigh-in (sort of) and here are the results:
__________________
"It's not a problem... If you can fix it with money it's just an expense"
Red Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #2
Bill McIntyre
Registered User
 
Bill McIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Clemente, CA
Age: 78
Posts: 39,143
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tide View Post
Everybody made it back safely to the dock for the 4 PM weigh-in (sort of) and here are the results:
Did you forget to include them?
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Red Tide
Registered User
 
Red Tide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,223
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Team Results:
1) SPUCS Red Red Tide Dive Team (Sasa Bratic, Ritchie Zacker, G.R. Tarr) = 209.40 points.
2) Suncoast Seals (Pit Gills, David Shelton, Jason W) =148.95 points
3) Running with Scissors (Ed Walker, Blake Gaylord, Rolando Veloso) = 104.13 points.
4) Pesca Sub (Kyle Kenyon, Jose Santerio, Adel Sotolongo) = 102.25 points
5) Spetton (Harloff Dean, Miguel Guinovart, Pablo Eao) = 76.45 points
6) Fish -N-Chicks (Angela Collins, Theresa Hathaway, Rosibelle Molina)= 17.95 points.
7) Double Teamers (Conner Erwin, Travis Ward, Hassan El Yousef) = 17.20 points.
8) Spearing Magazine (Jeromy Gamble, Alvyn Holmes, Matt Head) = DNF
9) Finding Nemo (David Mclean, Alec Mclean, Niles Parker) = DNF

Top 10 Individual Results:
1) Jason W = 20 fish and 114.25 points
2) G.R. Tarr = 17 fish and 106.30 points
3) Harlof Dean = 17 fish and 55.30 points
4) Ritchie Zacker = 9 fish and 51.80 points
5) Sasa Bratic = 4 fish and 51.30 points
6) Rolondo Veloso = 4 fish and 48.18 points
7) Adel Sotolongo = 4 fish and 45.25 points
8) Pit Gills = 6 fish and 34.70 points
9) Ed Walker = 2 fish and 32.40 points
10) Kyle Kenyon = 4 fish and 30.40 points

Big Fish of the day goes to Sasa Bratic with a nice 62.2 lb Cobia

__________________
"It's not a problem... If you can fix it with money it's just an expense"

Last edited by SpearMax; 04-20-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Red Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Red Tide
Registered User
 
Red Tide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 1,223
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McIntyre View Post
Did you forget to include them?
No Bill, you just responded faster than I can type with one finger
__________________
"It's not a problem... If you can fix it with money it's just an expense"
Red Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Bill McIntyre
Registered User
 
Bill McIntyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Clemente, CA
Age: 78
Posts: 39,143
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tide View Post
No Bill, you just responded faster than I can type with one finger
Oops, sorry.

Anyway, congratulations to you and your team.
Bill McIntyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
Ray Odor
Senior Member
 
Ray Odor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lutz, Fl.
Posts: 927
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Congrats, GR,SASA and good ol' Ritchie. You guys make me proud of you every tournament.
Ray

Ray Odor Diving Service
2527 E.149th. Ave.,Lutz,FL33559
e- fishship@tampabay.rr.com
Ph.813-971-3368 Fax 813-364-6367
Web- www.spearfishing.cc
__________________
Type in Google,Ray Odor
Ray Odor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
Baņados
LA FATHOMIERS
 
Baņados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Knott's Berry Farm
Posts: 1,081
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tide View Post
Team Results:
1) SPUCS Red Red Tide Dive Team (Sasa Bratic, Ritchie Zacker, G.R. Tarr) = 209.40 points.
2) Suncoast Seals (Pit Gills, David Shelton, Jason W) =148.95 points
3) Running with Scissors (Ed Walker, Blake Gaylord, Rolando Veloso) = 104.13 points.
4) Pesca Sub (Kyle Kenyon, Jose Santerio, Adel Sotolongo) = 102.25 points
5) Spetton (Harloff Dean, Miguel Guinovart, Pablo Eao) = 76.45 points
6) Fish -N-Chicks (Angela Collins, Theresa Hathaway, Rosibelle Molina)= 17.95 points.
7) Double Teamers (Conner Erwin, Travis Ward, Hassan El Yousef) = 17.20 points.
8) Spearing Magazine (Jeromy Gamble, Alvyn Holmes, Matt Head) = DNF
9) Finding Nemo (David Mclean, Alec Mclean, Niles Parker) = DNF

Top 10 Individual Results:
1) Jason W = 20 fish and 114.25 points
2) G.R. Tarr = 17 fish and 106.30 points
3) Harlof Dean = 17 fish and 55.30 points
4) Ritchie Zacker = 9 fish and 51.80 points
5) Sasa Bratic = 4 fish and 51.30 points
6) Rolondo Veloso = 4 fish and 48.18 points
7) Adel Sotolongo = 4 fish and 45.25 points
8) Pit Gills = 6 fish and 34.70 points
9) Ed Walker = 2 fish and 32.40 points
10) Kyle Kenyon = 4 fish and 30.40 points

Big Fish of the day goes to Sasa Bratic with a nice 62.2 lb Cobia

Congratulations to all the winners!!
__________________

Erik Baņados
email:fathomier@socal.rr.com
LA FATHOMIERS
GREATER LOS ANGELES COUNCIL OF DIVING

Last edited by SpearMax; 04-20-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Baņados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
normanhghntr
Registered User
 
normanhghntr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,220
Re: Florida State Championship Results

Nice work, congrats to all!! slob of a cobia!!!
__________________
never saw it coming
normanhghntr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.


The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Social Media Forum Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2002 - 2014 Spearboard.com