Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion

General Spearfishing & Diving Discussion This is where you post to discuss general spearfishing topics that could apply to any region.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #31
freedivingfool
JOIN OUR DIVE CLUB!

Re: how big is this tuna?

On reel is the only way REAL men like me would do it! I got money to buy new shit!!!! Ask these boys they shoot them on reel all the time, 2fishin2 shoots them with only high price guns that's why he cries when he loses his guns.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #32
BreathlessSight

Nah F dat!!! I just shoot em and hold on!!!!!

BreathlessSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #33
BreathlessSight

Now for that Legend greater than any spearfisher next to Manny Puig. No brains and all brawn!!! I give you the most insane Nurgah I have eva met. All the way from Thailand and south Florida!!!!! Shooting two dogtooth on one line... FDF!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 01:31 AM   #34
BreathlessSight

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedivingfool View Post
On reel is the only way REAL men like me would do it! I got money to buy new shit!!!! Ask these boys they shoot them on reel all the time, 2fishin2 shoots them with only high price guns that's why he cries when he loses his guns.
I think out of the 50 I shot, three were with a float. They were the smaller ones too.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:17 AM   #35
Samik
Nature Laughs Last

I can remember being on the wreck of the Ionas off Yanbu, KSA, and my students started screaming "Dolphins!". I jumped in and a pair of the biggest dog tooth I've ever seen life or pictures in about 70' of water. so thick... such big eyes... big enough there was no way I was going to consider shooting one. still think they were the biggest fish I've ever seen while diving (excluding sharks) god damn I miss tuna. this thread is evil.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 AM   #36
tuffstuff
Mathew Goncalves

I have always wondered...how do they taste? Like any other tuna?
tuffstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #37
2fishin2
Pacific Spearo

Check out the second video if you look closely you will see superman flying through the water.

Kev now you got me wanting to shoot doggies. N*&%s all the way!
2fishin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:38 PM   #38
freedivingfool
JOIN OUR DIVE CLUB!

Taste like chicken (actually they are pretty frickin good, like Tuna) I couldn't tell the diffrence. Hey Breathless, ha those were the fun days. Exploring those unknown reefs, get a big one on video. Have you guys check out the spot up north by Oku? Da spot where that dig Grouper was hiding in the hole, and land of the coral trouts. The outer reefs out there, I bet they got them thick in the deep drop off. Damn I miss diving!
Old 02-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #39
ribonzz

I think it's about 150lbs, it's big and i think it is yellowfin..
ribonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #40
Behslayer

Nice Vids. That looks like Goood fishing. I like to fish with a reel. It's much more interactive. The problem with using a reel for Doggies, is that there's big ones that show up. No problem to take a shot on a
5Olb Doggie. Not saying it will be easy, but manageable if you have enough line. But if the beast swims by and that's what you are looking for.. it's better to have a float system and bungee and these need to be Good Floats, and Several of them. I've seen my old inflateable Riffe Float all squeezed up coming straight passed me in 75ft of water.
I made this larger reel for Wahoo fishing and it's also a step in the right direction if you do intend to fish for Doggies with a Reel. It will hold 3OOft of line and it's built tough. These are for Wooden Guns.

http://ulusub.com/id4.html
www.ulusub.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ulusub-Reels3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	121887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ulusub Reels5.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	121888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ulusub Reels4.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	121889  
Behslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #41
BlueH20Freak
I think Im Big Meech

nice picture.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #42
BreathlessSight

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedivingfool View Post
Taste like chicken (actually they are pretty frickin good, like Tuna) I couldn't tell the diffrence. Hey Breathless, ha those were the fun days. Exploring those unknown reefs, get a big one on video. Have you guys check out the spot up north by Oku? Da spot where that dig Grouper was hiding in the hole, and land of the coral trouts. The outer reefs out there, I bet they got them thick in the deep drop off. Damn I miss diving!
I actually went to that spot on Sat and ran into 5 big CT but they are skiddish in the winter. But maybe next time. However sunday I got a toad. Not as big as yours but about the size of Abes.

Remember the old days? How we use to explore a lot? Im back into that now. I also am building me a dog killer gun. Wait till ya see it. I got photos and lots of video of bigger tuna. I got to make some vids. Probably do most of that and submission to mags once I retire here this summer. Anyhow dude. Im out of this outfit and will be back in SC so we will have to hit it up and live the dream again!