Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > General Freediving Area

General Freediving Area If Apnea Diving rocks your world, talk about it here!

Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
jtweezy

Stingray or Nemo Footpockets?

About to make a purchase on some new freedive fins, have heard a lot of good things about both of these pockets but cant make up mind mind which one to get. Unfortunately I dont have a shop close to me where I could try them both on. Any suggestions..?
jtweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
Spearchuckerz
Subaquatic bitchslapper

Re: Stingray or Nemo Footpockets?

The stingrays are the bomb! It usually takes me along time to feel new shit out, but I was stoked on these guys the first dive.
Spearchuckerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
jfjf

What is the difference between the two pockets? From the pictures they look similar, but I have never been able to compare them side by side. It seems that they are both kinda new, does anybody have experiece with both?
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Spearchuckerz
Subaquatic bitchslapper

The stingrays are a huge upgrade from the last Omer foot pocket. The old pockets were too stiff for my busted ankles. The stingray has a butter soft upper and the rubber tapers in stiffness. All pockets used to tear me up without socks, but I can wear the Stingray without. The Nemos are nice, they just dont have the same feel in the upper, although I have not been in the water with them, I did try them on on land. They felt similar to the old Omer pockets.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
jfjf

Cool thanks!
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 AM   #6
ribonzz

Stingrays! Those are the best footpockets
ribonzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
cww180

If your foot is not wide then the Stingrays are great! Mares are very similar and a little wider IMHO. Mares Razor!
cww180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
jtweezy

Are you guys sticking with the Stingray blades or upgrading the blades? I have heard nothing but great things about the stingray footpockets but not so great about the stingray blades. Will the Nemo blades fit on the stingray pockets? if not does anyone have suggestions on some good blades for the Stingrays?...C4s and DiveR are prob a little more than I planned on spending...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
Spearchuckerz
Subaquatic bitchslapper

I think all the blades can be made to work. Intresting note, the Stingray pockets dont quite match the angle of the old OMER blades. The angle is a bit further forward on the new pockets, but they still work better than the rest.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
cww180

I thought the Stingray blades were not too bad, but some seem to think they are too soft. If you can afford it go for the Skorpio's or Dive R's.
cww180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
robertonator
Team J&J; Diesel

The Stingray blades are very soft. I love em for diving anything less than 60 or so, but it starts to be a drag on deeper dives. Technosport's gonna debut a carbon fiber blade for the Stingray sometime in the next couple months. They use a patented dual vacuum system, or something of the sorts, that fuses the resin into the blade much more efficiently, using less resin, creating a higher ration of CF and significantly less weight.

I'm pretty stoked, I'm gonna have to try 'em out. I have Spetton Carbon-flex blades in there now, and they fit very well. C4 does not fit, which was disappointing. These new blades should be pretty sweet.

Rob

http://www.speardeals.com
http://www.jamesandjoseph.com
robertonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:20 PM   #12
jtweezy

Just got a delicious setup from Flfreedivers...Stingray pockets with the nemo blades. Havent been in the water yet, but the pockets fit very nice and the blades seem pretty sweet too. Highly recommend the stingray pockets...
Old 03-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #13
Gamble
NATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertonator View Post
The Stingray blades are very soft. I love em for diving anything less than 60 or so, but it starts to be a drag on deeper dives. Technosport's gonna debut a carbon fiber blade for the Stingray sometime in the next couple months. They use a patented dual vacuum system, or something of the sorts, that fuses the resin into the blade much more efficiently, using less resin, creating a higher ration of CF and significantly less weight.

I'm pretty stoked, I'm gonna have to try 'em out. I have Spetton Carbon-flex blades in there now, and they fit very well. C4 does not fit, which was disappointing. These new blades should be pretty sweet.

Rob
I've been playing with the stingray carbon 30's for a few months now. Got the chance to compare directly with the Nemo pockets last Sat. I'll leave it at... go with the stingrays unless you like trauma to your akiles tendon.

The stingray carbon 30 blades are bad ass also. EXTREMELY light. They feel very soft but when comparing kick cycles to 5 other sets of blades they were all the same.
Gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
robertonator
Team J&J; Diesel

Gamble,

which other blades are you comparing 'em to?

http://www.speardeals.com
http://www.jamesandjoseph.com
robertonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
inshanity

Does anyone know how the stingray pockets work with edge blades? I'm about to pull the trigger on some, but I want to make sure the angles work out. Thanks
inshanity is offline   Reply With Quote