Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Southern Atlantic Seaboard

Southern Atlantic Seaboard Here's the place for shooters from Georgia up to Maryland, including the Carolinas and Virginia.

Old 06-20-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
Mahi Maniac

Need 2 possibly 3 out of OI Sunday and recent conditions report

I'm trying to get offshore Sunday, despite the weather, on a charter with Roanoke Island Outfitters. We have 3 right now but are looking for 2 or 3 more. It seems a lot of people either don't wanna pay for a charter, don't wanna get beat around by the weather, or are busy/otherwise unable. I figured I'd reach out on here and see if anybody outside my circle wants to tag along (I'd be pretty disappointed to end up shore diving after making a 5 hour drive just because we couldn't get a few other guy's interested). I went out with Matt last Saturday on scuba and he runs a good boat and is very knowledgable and experienced. Price is 130$ a person unless we make the decision to run way offshore or don't have a full boat, in either case we'll work something out but it shouldn't be too much more.

Additional details: We plan on running a decent distance but unless it turns out to be a lot calmer than they are predicting probably won't make it as far as I originally planned. Regardless, we should have no problem hitting some spots (before the overfishing sets in) that I've hit the last 2 weekends and done well (considering we only got 2 hours of diving in total each day).

Currents been pretty light, vis has been about 15-30ft on top, 10-60ft below the thermocline with a reverse thermocline and Bluewater beneath two weeks ago. Waters been pretty warm but it's gotten even warmer and we saw a lot of flying fish last weekend. Weathers looking like N winds 10-15kt but blowing harder (closer to 15) in the afternoon, almost identical to last Sunday.

I attached some pictures of our last 2 half day trips and our day on scuba to maybe perk up some interest. Lost a shaft to a wahoo this past Sunday as well.

If your interested shoot me a PM on here or reply and I'll PM you my phone number to work out details. No need to be incredibly experienced or able to dive incredibly deep but keep in mind we are after big fish and it will probably be rough. I have a very limited amount of extra stuff I could let someone borrow while out there as well in case you're up to go but don't have the gear for big fish.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3284.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	207080   Click image for larger version

Name:	2ndcobiaweekend.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	207081   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2-2.jpg
Views:	121