Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All Other Gear

All Other Gear Tanks, BCDs, Regs, Fins, Stringers, and all other gear we use in Spearfishing.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Mike Eberhardt
Colonel

Thumbs up Spetton USA Customer Service

First things first: I'm currently a broke-ass college student, who loves diving. With being broke comes a certain appreciation for quality products, and customer service. When my dollar goes farther, I make a point of letting everyone know just how damned pleased I am with the product/service/company, in the hopes that someone will later benefit in the same way I have.

With that out of the way, I'll get straight to the point. Spetton's customer service= A++

My mask strap broke on my Spetton Black Mimetic after over a year's hard use. Hard use means diving at least 2 days a week(often more), and nearly always from shores of Laguna, San Diego, or Palos Verdes.

Being perfectly enamored with the mask, I had to figure out a way to fix it (buying a new one was well out of the available options). I could not find any local retailers who carried strap, so I e-mailed Pablo Clausen at Spetton, in Texas.

Not only did he respond almost immediately, but he said he'd get back to me the next morning, while he figured out a solution.

His solution was to send me new mask strap, free of charge. I could not possibly ask for better costumer service, and in these hard times, a company willing to take a hit for a costumer was a damned good surprise.

I highly recommend their products, and I sincerely thank and commend Pablo.

Thanks again, Spetton.

~Mike Eberhardt

Pablo's information:

Pablo Clausen
Spetton USA, LLC
www.Spetton-USA.com
Ph.: +1.954.907.3055
Fax: +1.954.456.5559
Mike Eberhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
greekdiver

Send a message via MSN to greekdiver
Re: Spetton USA Customer Service

Pablo is awesome
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Jimy286

I second both those posts I asked him hundreds of questions about rubbers and he even researched it for a hour or 2
Old 03-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
loanshark

Pablo is the man !
loanshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 AM   #5
deckhandmike
Shallow Water Hunter

Good stuff, I'll have to take a second look at there gear.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #6
mike22

I agree. Pablo has always been a pleasure to deal and his wetsuits are top notch!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #7
jimdoe2you
30M Hunter

Pablo is close friend of mine and I can surely vouch that he and I often have talks about customer service and how it's more about happiness than it is charging someone. In fact last week I told him that he was the only person I knew in this business (other than yours truly of course ) that has a giving heart!

Great man, ....great customer service!!!

jimdoe2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #8
Curly

Pablo is a pleasure to deal with. But I think he is in Florida, not Texas (maybe he moved shop?).
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Mike Eberhardt
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Pablo is a pleasure to deal with. But I think he is in Florida, not Texas (maybe he moved shop?).
I think you're correct.
Mike Eberhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:31 AM   #10
Jersey Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike22 View Post
I agree. Pablo has always been a pleasure to deal and his wetsuits are top notch!

I have been looking for a 6.5 or 7mm camo spearo suit with an interior lining making it easier to put on without soap & water in the cold weather. My last of many wetsuits was a custom Elios, but it requires too much water to get into. I've never owned a Spetton though. Does anyone know of Spetton dealers closer to the S. Jersey area? I really need to try on 2 sizes to decide, as I think I'm between sizes. Do dealers frown upon sending out 2 different sizes of the same wetsuit knowing that one will be shipped back for a refund? Five minutes in each suit in my home will make a determiniation. I would expect to pay shipping both ways.

Also, how high do the Spetton 7mm pants go up with the thick material? Do they go over the shoulders like a farmer John with full-thickness material, or do the bottoms thin out above the waist? Or are the entire pants and jacket 7mm each, causing 14 mm at the overlapping torso? Or do they mean the double-stacked torso adds up to 7mm? I could really use that fellows numer to get some suit info.

Thanks, Jim
Jersey Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
apneanaut
Bryan

Send a message via AIM to apneanaut

Jim,

If you give Pablo your dimensions he will tell you what you need. Just contact him through the Spetton USA website. He's very good, mine was a perfect fit.

My dad has one of the suits you can put on dry, but I get the sense that it is still uncomfortable to put on (and slower, so you're exposed to the cold longer).

I bought one of these portable showers for my brother and it is better than I could have imagined:

http://www.hotjugz.com/

Makes getting in and out of an open-cell suit much less painful on a cold day.
apneanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:42 PM   #12
Jersey Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by apneanaut View Post
Jim,

If you give Pablo your dimensions he will tell you what you need. Just contact him through the Spetton USA website. He's very good, mine was a perfect fit.

My dad has one of the suits you can put on dry, but I get the sense that it is still uncomfortable to put on (and slower, so you're exposed to the cold longer).

I bought one of these portable showers for my brother and it is better than I could have imagined:

http://www.hotjugz.com/

Makes getting in and out of an open-cell suit much less painful on a cold day.

Bryan, those jugs are pesticide sprayers. That's a great idea if could only stay warm for enough hours on the boat. I use one of those sprayers with kerosene to clean my motorcycle chain while it's on the bike. I've been wanting to use something like that at the duck hunting cabin for showers. I can heat water on the stove to add to the cold water in the jug. I just may give that a try. Would probably wrap extra insulation around the jug for longer retention. Thanks for the tip! Jim
Jersey Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 06:13 PM   #13
c.carcharias
nom nom

sent them an email a week ago, still waiting...
c.carcharias is offline   Reply With Quote