Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents

Diving Safety, Accidents and Incidents Post here to discuss accidents, incidents, ideas, gear, or anything else to improve spearfishing safety. Memorials and condolences threads should be placed in that separate forum.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:09 AM   #61
diverlen

Re: 255 pounder speared for SBO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverik View Post
Comming from a guy who calls himself queer for spear. Oh well enough said
Rick
Rick, I was surprised this morning to see this thread was still alive and in view of what was just posted, I thought your response was very appropriate.
What some of the more sanctimonious posters fail to acknowledge, is that all of us have been involved either on the causing or receiving end of an accident and have learned how to make sure the situation never repeats itself again.
diverlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #62
Grin

Rick you ready to get some storm fish? Hopefully this little wave next week will push them right up in our yard. I knew when this was first posted the safety police would have a hay day telling everyone how they do it. F the way the internet police do it!
I get pissed off when someone points a unloaded gun at me. Even for a second. But we preload before every drop, and on rare occassion we even surface after missing awreck in current and come back to the boat for a redrop, loaded. Done correctly it's a zero factor.
Those who are afraid of guns should probably not own a gun!
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 AM   #63
Queer for Spear
Aluminum Foil is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverik View Post
Comming from a guy who calls himself queer for spear. Oh well enough said
Rick
Nice attempt at a weak straw man retort complete with an ad hominen attack...Whatever......your justification of this incident goes to show your disrespect for weapons be it guns or spear guns. But keep posting your antics, the rest of us get a kick out of your potentially fatal goofiness and peter pan justified logic.

I guess some people are so stupid they must learn and relearn century old lessons....like pointing weapons at each other without intending to shoot, oh well, like I said, I find it hilarious...thank god I dont have to dive with clowns like you....
Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #64
Bulit7

Stop your bikering or I will derail this thread by posting pics of a self admited poacher on here!
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #65
jfjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queer for Spear View Post
Nice attempt .Whatever......your justification of this incident goes to show your disrespect for weapons be it guns or spear guns.

...But keep posting your antics, the rest of us get a kick out of your potentially fatal goofiness.... like I said, I find it hilarious...
Your comments demonstrate an apparent inability to read. Rick never attempted to justify the incident; hell we can barely explain how it happened.

It was a weird and stupid accident and I posted it so that other people might learn from a negative example.

If you actually find the mishap hillarious, then your really are a little queer, I think.
jfjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #66
stallbaum
Jon Stallbaum

YOU GUYS BE CAREFUL QUEER FOR THE HAS POWER HE "KNOWS" FAMOUS PEOPLE........

stallbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:34 PM   #67
stallbaum
Jon Stallbaum

I could not resist. Queer for the spear is a straight certified CRAFSTMAN.....or a Tool.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #68
Bulit7

LOL! Stalbaum you and seanutter have a lot in common!

And Queer, how about them concert tickets?
Bulit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #69
FishNFool
Fishimis Decimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queer for Spear View Post
Nice attempt at a weak straw man retort complete with an ad hominen attack...Whatever......your justification of this incident goes to show your disrespect for weapons be it guns or spear guns. But keep posting your antics, the rest of us get a kick out of your potentially fatal goofiness and peter pan justified logic.

I guess some people are so stupid they must learn and relearn century old lessons....like pointing weapons at each other without intending to shoot, oh well, like I said, I find it hilarious...thank god I dont have to dive with clowns like you....
Why didnt u just keep what little sence you have to yourself?
I dont see anyone asking your opinion of what you think about a story....sure as hell not going to ask after the dumb ass comments you make thats for sure......
I see why u wear that alluminum foil around your head.......touched.....definatly touched...

Aqua Addict.

DiveR fins for life

www.speardeals.com
http://www.neptonics.com
http://www.freediveshop.com
www.nautilusspearfishing.com
FishNFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:39 PM   #70
Queer for Spear
Aluminum Foil is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNFoe View Post
Why didnt u just keep what little sence you have to yourself?
I dont see anyone asking your opinion of what you think about a story....sure as hell not going to ask after the dumb ass comments you make thats for sure......
I see why u wear that alluminum foil around your head.......touched.....definatly touched...
Come on scott...you can do better than that?............I think a few smart ass comments were more than justified here....after all, somebody DID get shot from stupidity.
Grow a pair will ya, if you do something STUPID and you POST it here, not everyone is going to give you a "hug and tell you its alright"....

The pics and photo shopping were HILARIOUS....I wish I knew how to do that........
Old 09-02-2008, 02:33 AM   #71
FishNFool
Fishimis Decimus

Grow a pair>? Listen ol man stfu... im sure ill bump across ya someday at some random launch and u can tell me that *@#^@ in person.
Ur def not out to win the "Nice guy of the year award" Huh.....
Negitive fuc

Aqua Addict.

DiveR fins for life

www.speardeals.com
http://www.neptonics.com
http://www.freediveshop.com
www.nautilusspearfishing.com
FishNFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:57 AM   #72
Stealthdiver
Big Bend

Send a message via Yahoo to Stealthdiver

I vote for shoot the shark and try and take some panic out of the situation ! Sorry ( shark lovers ) but accidents happen at times like this !
Stealthdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:28 PM   #73
Toledo970

I don't want to be an Internet Nazi, but both parties made a mistake. Why would you think the gun wasn't loaded?
Now, if someone points a gun beit a gun, riffle, speargun etc., that last thing you would have to worry about is that shark.
Toledo970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 03:49 PM   #74
stallbaum
Jon Stallbaum

I think everyone who has read this thread understands that pointing a gun at someone is a mistake. I think that everyone understands what to do to prevent this from happening. Its a dead horse that no longer needs beating. They shared the story to prevent further accidents from happening they were arming us with knowledge. No ones perfect and when the fecal matter makes contact with rotary device sometimes you stray from normal practices.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #75
DABEER
Team Leagues Deep

Send a message via AIM to DABEER

Well i think that one day many years from now sitting around a camp fire i would tell a story like that hey you remember the time you shot me you A$$ hole! ohhhhh ya that sh!t was funny i think that is about how it would go i think. who knows?