Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > California Spearfishing

California Spearfishing Talk here about spearfishing on California's Pacific Coast, and post those reports and photos!

Old 05-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
thomasrogers

Cressi Comanche 110 rigging?

Hey guys, recently got the Cressi Comanche 110, the disc that it came with for instructions was cracked so I have no idea how to rig the line to this thing. Does anyone have any experience with this gun? Also is there a way to change the band on this thing? It's hard as hell to pull back, hoping it gets a little easier after I've used it for a while.
thomasrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
gettin'wet
Glaucus guides my spear

Re: Cressi Comanche 110 rigging?

Not sure if you have closed or open muzzle, but just load the shaft, wrap the mono up around the muzzle and back down to the line release... if you have a double-wrap of line just repeat using the tab under the muzzle. This should be pretty obvious, so if you have a specific question about it that I'm missing then please explain and I'll try to help. Here's a couple pictures to give you an idea...

As for the band - don't change it. Just keep practicing and it'll get easier.
You get stronger, and the bands get a bit softer.

gettin'wet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #3
MAKO Spearguns
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasrogers View Post
Hey guys, recently got the Cressi Comanche 110, the disc that it came with for instructions was cracked so I have no idea how to rig the line to this thing. Does anyone have any experience with this gun? Also is there a way to change the band on this thing? It's hard as hell to pull back, hoping it gets a little easier after I've used it for a while.
Good luck with your new gun! Possibly this video will be useful even though the guns are not identical.

http://www.makospearguns.com/

http://www.facebook.com/makospearguns

HIGH PERFORMANCE GEAR - DIRECT FROM MAKO - NO DIVE SHOP MARKUP!
MAKO Spearguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:39 AM   #4
jdeirmend

Wasn't able to see the pictures that were posted for ya, but loading euroguns basically involves this series of steps:

1. Hold the handle w/your shooting hand
2. Grab one side of the rubber with your opposite hand and force the gun forward
3. Slide the loading pad onto your chest, whilst letting go of the handle. Your chest should at this point be effectively holding the handle, and the rubber should be "pre-stretched" on one side.
4. Reach over with your free hand, grab the other side of the rubber and pull towards your chest.

From that position, with the gun suspended by your chest and your hands grasping either side of the rubber, you then pull the wishbone into the notch. The rubber is already about halfway stretched at this point. This makes it pretty easy. Granted, I'm on the thicker/stronger side of things, but many dudes half my size will use a single 3/4 inch or 19mm band on a very long speargun (150-160cm) and load it with no problems.

If that seems too much to make sense of in words, here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyctgOkvc-k
Old 05-06-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
thomasrogers

Thanks for the tips guys, I appreciate the help. The videos were helpful, the last question I would have is probably just how to attach a reel but seeing as I don't even have a reel for the gun yet it doesn't matter too much at this point.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
thomasrogers

Also I think I got confused because the gun didn't come with a shock cord and instead the shooting line was attached where the shock cord is supposed to go.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:35 PM   #7
Marco

You don't need a shock cord.

A bad day fishing is ALWAYS better than a good day at work
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote