Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 11-19-2020, 06:01 PM   #211
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
Thinking the same thing...prices I've seen for 9mm, 223, 45 and 40 are crazy.
Might sell some and just buy another gun.
Dillon Precision reloaders.I have the 550 from 25 years ago.I always saved my brass and would do fishing/brass scavenging trips by the Everglades before it got developed.I have big coffee cans and bins full of 223,9mm,38/357,45acp and 41 mag brass.My oldest son liked sorting and tumbling the brass as a kid.
Old 12-16-2020, 04:33 PM   #212
OBLIGATED

Anyone holding Bitcoin?I didnt bail when it took a Yuuuge dump.I had a mixture of 5 Cryptos so Im a few hundred away from breaking even money on the "investment".What a friggin year.
I think I mentioned before my oldest boy was doing a kennel for Bully Pitbulls and French(Frenchys)Bull dogs.I "invested"in a female Frenchy from the next litter.This one will carry genetically the platinum and lilac colors.He is looking for a stud for the "fluffy"gene.He just sold his whole litter on the one Frenchy bitch and the last pick pup was 3,500.The Platinum(looks like silver/white fur to me)are 12k on the low end per pup.Ugly hyper-active dogs but for that kind of scratch I will learn to love them.
Vixie(pitbull)is pregnant and 5 pups are pre-sold.This is her last litter and she gets fixed.Terrible mother but a big sweetheart.
Broke my back,knees,rotator cuffs,fingers and lost some hearing from construction and could have been sitting on my ass making money.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:03 PM   #213
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

I hope I don't jinx myself but it looks like PM's have broken resistance and making a run.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #214
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I hope I don't jinx myself but it looks like PM's have broken resistance and making a run.
I bought most of my silver at 15-17 dollars per ounce and gold coins at 1400 ish per ounce.Im kicking myself now for not getting more.
Crypto "investment "is about 40 bucks from being in the black again this morning.Im going to let it ride and see where it goes but I doubt I will put anything else in it.
Wish I had bought a few extra guns before the election crap.Picked up a Bennelli M4 and another ugly Glock at decent prices.Probably going to sell a few toys I havent shot in a while to cover that money spent.
Renovation is STILL going on but almost done on the outside.I need a couple days on my paddleboard in saltwater and lots of shrimp and beer to forget this past year.Probably get the shrimp and a beer.Got too many obligations.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:57 PM   #215
OBLIGATED

Look at those rates!LOL
I have a few relatives that would do it.Life is hard enough but if you are that stupid it should hurt!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	loansfromindians.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	246509  
Old 01-07-2021, 05:59 PM   #216
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
PMs and Crypto is going nuts.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #217
fishfan

Give the Dems a little time and they'll crash the economy...gold will be $10k an ounce
Old 01-07-2021, 08:24 PM   #218
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Give the Dems a little time and they'll crash the economy...gold will be $10k an ounce
Democrats and nutless RINOs have sold America to China.EVERYONE will hurt now.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:31 PM   #219
OBLIGATED

I was considering selling some firearms to fund a Gen 3 monocular,bump helmet and lasers for a few select guns but figured things wont get that crazy and its a lot of money that could go into my boat fund.Guess I was wrong.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:42 PM   #220
fishfan

I just sold a bunch of handguns and a few long guns, there comes a point when you can actually have too many. Taking the money and looking to buy a few higher quality guns in calibers I don't have.
Besides, now that now I'm a FL resident I have to have the right pig hunting gun
Will probably end up building a nice .308 with a nice night vision optic.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #221
OBLIGATED

Quote:
I just sold a bunch of handguns and a few long guns, there comes a point when you can actually have too many. Taking the money and looking to buy a few higher quality guns in calibers I don't have.
Besides, now that now I'm a FL resident I have to have the right pig hunting gun
Will probably end up building a nice .308 with a nice night vision optic.
At one time I was at around 60 firearms.Now Im at half that.I dont want to buy a bigger safe or move the one I have so Im going to sell some that I rarely if ever use and probably get the NV setup.We have lots of coyotes across the road and hogs are getting plentiful enough to play at night and get some meat.
When I lived in Floriduh I went from a 30-06 to a 30-30 and then went to 12ga. with #4 buck and my pistols.Too damned hot to carry a heavy gun and drag a hog.
Airboat solved a lot of problems.Dog grabs the hog,you stab the hog or put a bullet in the head,pull the boat up and flip him into the boat.We did dogs walking and sticking them with a spear too.Last hog I killed in Okeechobee was a loong way from the truck and was 175#.Last one I dragged!I dont miss moccasins or the pygmy rattlers a bit.We ate the Diamondbacks.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:08 PM   #222
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

I took my profits on the Smith & Wesson (SWBI) a couple days ago. Gonna keep watching SWBI, Vista, Ruger, and consider picking them up again before the 20th.

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:15 PM   #223
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBLIGATED View Post
At one time I was at around 60 firearms.Now Im at half that.I dont want to buy a bigger safe or move the one I have so Im going to sell some that I rarely if ever use and probably get the NV setup.We have lots of coyotes across the road and hogs are getting plentiful enough to play at night and get some meat.
When I lived in Floriduh I went from a 30-06 to a 30-30 and then went to 12ga. with #4 buck and my pistols.Too damned hot to carry a heavy gun and drag a hog.
Airboat solved a lot of problems.Dog grabs the hog,you stab the hog or put a bullet in the head,pull the boat up and flip him into the boat.We did dogs walking and sticking them with a spear too.Last hog I killed in Okeechobee was a loong way from the truck and was 175#.Last one I dragged!I dont miss moccasins or the pygmy rattlers a bit.We ate the Diamondbacks.
I was going to try the hog hunting in Okeechobee this year, but was overcome by events. If medical situation improves, loved one, not me, this year could be a go. I sure hope so! 308 is my plan.

Those moccasins sure are aggressive aren't they! I have not personally run into pygmy rattlers since I left Texas.

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:28 PM   #224
OBLIGATED

Gary
We hunted around Kissimmee river/Boney Marsh on public land.At the time they didnt allow rifles.Most shooting while walking was really close.We were pushing through fennel and other brush following trails.When they jumped up we killed them with 12ga 00 and #4 buck.
Sitting on a trail in scrub oak I used cut palmetto fronds stuck in the ground to break up my outline and sat on a garbage bag with a pistol.
If you want to see Pygmies go to Corbett WMAPretty area but its a snake farm.As kids we drove around that area in "winter" shooting pygmies,moccasins and the fat Diamondbacks.A dozen each for a few hours in the evening was average.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #225
fishfan

Was in the same position, just had too many that I wasn't using and it was moving time.
Went to a gun show today and almost fainted after seeing what people were being gouged for and paying it!!! Ammo was RIDICULOUS, maybe nobody has internet access here. I'm going to sell a few thousand rounds at the prices these guys were getting and buy another car or boat!