Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Tournament and Event Archives > 2008 Tournament Archives > 2008 Hell Divers Rodeo - June 5-8

2008 Hell Divers Rodeo - June 5-8 Check this forum for news, rules, updates, and other discussion about the 2008 Hell Divers Rodeo -- June 5, 6, 7 and 8, 2008

Old 05-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #31
Wil
Hell Diver

Re: Hell Divers Rodeo 2008

can we get a group hug?
Wil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #32
LAfreediver
LAfreediver

the breathe-hold spearfishing community that competes on the council board needs to have a meeting. i personally feel that we should abide by the same rules that the IBSRC follows. too me it boils down to what and where i'm hunting. for me a reel is ideal for hunting around the rigs, while diving no deeper than 70ft. but for open blue water type hunting or deep rig freediving down to 100+ feet, i brake out the float line and float. float lines are a pain in the ass while rig diving, so its not like the guys that do use them in and around rigs are getting the upper hand. i feel that as long as your shooting the fish on the same breathe you went down on and came up with it should be considered legit, regardless of what method the fish was taken with. this whole skin vs free diving bullshit is pointless. the type of spearfishing that doesn't requirer a float or reel is stuff like hunting sheepshead, catfish, and garfish in the lake. or for shooting smaller fish above 20 feet on the rigs. this static line style of hunting is not because we think we're bad asses, but rather it is the most practical application for this style. it should be clean cut, scuba and freediving, thats it. how you scuba dive or how you freedive should depend on the situation and be up to you.

then there's the fish species arguement for freediving. tradition should be upheld here. we should stick to the same fish that have been on the council since the creation. i'm all about adding new fish to the board, just don't take any away. that's what makes our derby board so unique and fun. if there is a need to stop shooting a specific fish because of endangerment to the species population then it would be understandable.

david, i want to also commend you on taking action and fixing the rodeo. your welcomed to come freediving with me anytime and i'm sure you'll do well next weekend despite your injuries. the council is a different story and hopefully we can come to a conclusion in the near future.
LAfreediver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:32 AM   #33
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Lindsey, don't matter, I put so much effort in these damn trophies, I decided, I'm just going to have to win them all.

Everyone, BE FUKIN SAFE!

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:48 PM   #34
Sea Tarantula
Swollfest Freedive Team

Let me get this straight, for the rodeo, we will be able to enter fish taken with a reel on the master board for freediver, but floats can only be used for the blue water species: tuna, wahoo, dolphin and misc. Correct
Sea Tarantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #35
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

I believe thats it.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:27 PM   #36
Joe Wegmann

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock
Old 06-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #37
Southern Cross

When are they gonna turn the f__king FAN OFF for this thing? Last year it was tropical storm Barry.

Rodeo testosterone and bad weather make a dangerous combination.
Everybody be safe out there.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:21 PM   #38
mrfish87
Fisch-Mörder

No shitzky...3 - 5 and 4 - 6....just makes it more sporty.....but we have some real nice prizes to be won. And some real nice trophies. See ya'll Sunday for the party.