Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > General Topics (Non-regional) > Technical Spearfishing

Technical Spearfishing Technical Scuba diving is generally defined as going deeper than 130 feet. You must have the proper training for this extreme aspect of spearfishing.

Old 04-20-2006, 11:55 PM   #16
GRIM REEFER

Re: Single tank or Double

Thanks guys for the info. I've been killin fish for a while now and just got into tech diving about six months ago. Just taking it slow with incorporating the two together. I have been working on my gear config. while spearing in
shallow water, I know this kind of thing can't be taken lightly

Quote:
I've used a jacked up LP single with a 13-19 cft pony filled with air behind me (attached to the LP) on my right and a 30 cft filled with deco mix behind me on my left (second stage bagged and clipped to my left side). That way I have a bail out pony if things go wrong at depth, and I still have my deco mix that I can use once I ascend to a safe depth. Having a pony on each side also helps balance things out. Having everything behind me, keeps my work area clear.
Kite's idea was one that I considered, But I may just put some H valves
on my lp121's and keep the al30 on my left upsidedown. Single 121's have plenty of gas for me. My SAC rate when spearfishing and working my ass off
is average about .6

Hey Dago, I actually had Al out to the Bayronto a few weeks ago and
he brought his old JBL for some reefs we hit on the way back in
I hope you guys had some good dives on the Rottan!
GRIM REEFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #17
inletsurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose
......hell, I would suck farts out of a donkey's ass if i didn't have a pony.

that is hilarious!!!!

Whats the difference? Pony, donkey, horse.... A fart is a fart unless its a shart!
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:37 PM   #18
BwanaR
Richard Daniel

Gee....I thought we invented that when we use to suck air strait from the tank back in the days of the old J valves when your extra 5 min. pull wasn't there when you pulled the wire! Can't remember why we didn't have SPG's. Either weren't readily available or I was too cheap. Then someone invented BC's and you were crazy to dive without them....go figure.
BwanaR is offline   Reply With Quote